British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

23 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I remember Mark Loram in 2003 jumping around like he was part of the Poole team that won the league when he was guesting. 

end of the day, guests have always been a part of the sport. Sheffield lost J Holder, Woffy and Tobi M through injurys and im sure if they had it there way theyd of wanted a fall side. 

They decided not to have Jack back and made the team stronger overall. It is always preferable not to have a fall side!!!!

Right.......I've slept, read through all the posts......and think i just need to put my opinion onto this matter.

I'm not going to go about the guests(although I'm not sure Harris should be able to ride for 2 teams in the play offs),but it is what it is, and Sheffield felt the pain of Robert Lambert guesting for Belle Vue last season, which i still say was wrong, but it's irrelevant.

Congratulations to the Sheffield team(Kyle Howarth)on last night, joking aside ,any side that can't defend an 18 point lead, in my opinion doesn't deserve to win the title, we scraped in Play Offs, and we certainly give it a good go.

So well done Sheffield, great effort last night, and you are the Champions.

Sadly as a Witches fan, 8 weeks does not culminate in a season, but what a last 8 weeks this team has give us supporters, Runners-Up in the league and KO Cup winners, i would of taken that at the beginning of August, its been entertainment all the way with Emil and Jason, worth the entrance fee alone, it seems absolute certain both will return next season, so let's hope we have a league with enough teams in, so its competitive and all of us supporters of this great sport all over the country have Speedway to go and watch next season.

But i cant just leave one situation which as a 55 Year Old lover of Speedway for over 47 years i have to address.

This also isn't a jab at you Sheffield Fans as i don't blame any of you in the slightest, but i travelled to Sheffield last night, yes devastated at the end, but all Sheffield supporters(most) were very humble to acknowledge we had made the journey and conversations were absolutely fine, but oh my......Tai Woofinden, what can i say, for years now i have followed, supported and defended this guy at more than just the British Grand Prix's....But no more, in fact, i hope we bump into each other at Cardiff next year, yes i hear you all say, i bet he's scared, and i very much doubt he is, but what a disgusting individual this guy is, his behaviour as a 3 time World Champion(which ive seen him win twice) was nothing short of a schoolkid, he's meant to be a role model in the Sport, i even had dozen's and i mean Dozen,s of Sheffield fans actually apologise on his behalf for his Pathetic F**K OFF back to Ipswich comments on the mic.

We won't get any kind of apology, as i doubt he even has that in him, so that's me done cheering on that reprobate. I didn't see the Lambert stuff, so no comment from me, although i now understand there is video footage coming out about those scenes, which i also find quite sad.

Well done the Tigers, great performance last night, let's all hope we have enough tracks to cheer our boys on next season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hooky said:

Also Tai Woffinden on the mic after the meeting saying “Ipswich Witches need to get on their broomsticks and f*** off back to Ipswich” was pure quality :rofl:

Poor old Tai is completely classless, I was always taught if you had nothing sensible to say then say nothing, clearly Tai didn't get the memo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Hope you actually saw this happen, otherwise not a good thing to put on forum, so i take you you were actually in attendance

Yes I was, it was by the gate next to the pits

13 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

I entered the times below in my programme. Possibly one or two may be slightly out. As you said, it was quite loud.

Heat 1. Awarded.

Heat 2. 62.62.

Heat 3. 63.12.

Heat 4. 62.32.

Heat 5. 61.62.

Heat 6. 62.06.

Heat 7. 62.75.

Heat 8. 64.87.

Heat 9. 65 13.

Heat 10. 65.88.

Heat 11. 63.19.

Heat 12. 64.25.

Heat 13. 63.93.

Heat 14. 64.06.

Heat 15. Absolutely no scoob whatsoever. Sorry.

Thanks couldn't hear a thing over the tannoy system, only got heat 2

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Robs mum and sister kicking and hitting who?

Some Ipswich supporters standing next to me after heat 15

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

Some Ipswich supporters standing next to me after heat 15

Unbelievable. What a way to behave... :nono:.  Not a good look for Robert either:unsure:

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Is there a reason why Etheridge didnt ride at Ipswich?

Mountain guested at Ipswich, and was Tigers first choice, but 8 day rule meant he couldn't guest in home leg.

2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Mountain guested at Ipswich, and was Tigers first choice, but 8 day rule meant he couldn't guest in home leg.

They always knew that though so they must have thought Mountain was better at Ipswich , Jye must have been first choice for home leg and they were right.

4 hours ago, weatherman said:

Really?

Bringing the sport into disrepute - it’s quite simple really - footballers get that all the time! County FA and the National FA have the power to levy heavy fines.  

As usual Eurosport camera's missed all the fun, The aftermath sounds more entertaining than the actual final.

39 minutes ago, Bash said:

Yes I was, it was by the gate next to the pits

So did you record any of the assaults or report them to the stewards who were walking about?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

They decided not to have Jack back and made the team stronger overall. It is always preferable not to have a fall side!!!!

Jack was still injured at the close of the transfer window, he rode at Cardiff after the window closed, and even if he was fit i don't think his injury would have stood up to riding in all the meetings he would have had to in England, he looked in a lot of pain at Cardiff

39 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Nice touch by some Ipswich fans giving Lambert the Hand sign at the start of the meeting.

Sadly it’s a vicious circle - if the riders misbehave then (some)fans will respond in kind if (some) fans misbehave so will riders!!

repeat ad infinitum