British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Triple.H.

Playoff Final

4 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

The club’s pricing is actually for a wet and cold Sunday afternoon. There, bet you’ll go now!

I have edited the post now, but never and mean NEVER EVER go to the Match to line pockets of unscrupulous un educated poor Promoters/Owners

Edited by secsy1
Missed owners

30 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

I have edited the post now, but never and mean NEVER EVER go to the Match to line pockets of unscrupulous un educated poor promoters

I had a conversation with one of the Promoters, Dave ??? last weekend. From what he said they don't make any of the financial decisions about the club. Everything is passed down from the Owners. I hope they new owner, whoever they be are either a hands on Owner/Promoter who is financially savvy or a Speedway Person who wants to remain in the background and appoints Promoters to run the club as they see fit.

I really don't agree how leicester have done this. I would have let fans in who had a ticket from week in for free as an apology for last week's mess. If a supporter didn't have a ticket from last week then they pay as normal. None of this wristband crap 

• Like 1

I'd be amazed if the track is fit for speedway racing on Sunday. I know they bought extra equipment in from Swindon during the winter but it'll be a lake now. All of the riders should be back next season and hopefully all absentees recovered from injuries so why not stage the matches next April?

Teams announced for Saturday...

Chargers: Jordan Jenkins, Ryan Kinsley, Jody Scott, Luke Killeen, Henry Atkins, Jacob Clouting, Jason Garrad.

Lion Cubs: Dan Thompson, Ashton Boughen, Max Perry, Tom Spencer, Ben Morley (G), Vinnie Foord, Max James.

48 minutes ago, Big Al said:

I'd be amazed if the track is fit for speedway racing on Sunday. I know they bought extra equipment in from Swindon during the winter but it'll be a lake now. All of the riders should be back next season and hopefully all absentees recovered from injuries so why not stage the matches next April?

Seems to me like Leicester had ample opportunity to stage meetings earlier, but didn't. They've literally only had home NDL fixtures on FIVE days since the start of July (and one of those fixtures followed a Premiership match). But we should all wait until April to now decide the winners of the two competitions they've been racing in all season? 

18 hours ago, Big Al said:

I would be amazed if the track is visible above the water after the rain we have had over the last 24 hours

Tonights match at Oxford has been postponed due to track conditions.

Forecast says showers in the afternoon and evening too.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Seems to me like Leicester had ample opportunity to stage meetings earlier, but didn't. They've literally only had home NDL fixtures on FIVE days since the start of July (and one of those fixtures followed a Premiership match). But we should all wait until April to now decide the winners of the two competitions they've been racing in all season? 

I don't have detailed facts at my disposal so can only put forward a guess to explain why so much time has elapsed  - is it possible that Leicester and Oxford had to await other fixtures (probably including ones involving themselves) to be completed before they were the confirmed finalists? Add in the inevitable postponement or two, and you get to this situation. More a general lack of urgency perhaps?

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 11:50 AM, FishersGate said:

I really don't agree how leicester have done this. I would have let fans in who had a ticket from week in for free as an apology for last week's mess. If a supporter didn't have a ticket from last week then they pay as normal. None of this wristband crap 

Fans who have a ticket from last week are being allowed in "free" for the re-run of the meeting  which didn't happen - albeit the club wanted to run it but the riders found it too difficult (well some did) to ride. And if they don't want to watch the other match. they can toddle off back home & not be out of pocket having had to pay for something they didn't want
Many a time promotions are criticised  by spectators for charging higher prices for a double header when the spectator only wants to watch one match - Now Leicester have introduced that opportunity they are being shot at.
Just cant please all of the folk all of the time 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Big Al said:

I don't have detailed facts at my disposal so can only put forward a guess to explain why so much time has elapsed  - is it possible that Leicester and Oxford had to await other fixtures (probably including ones involving themselves) to be completed before they were the confirmed finalists? Add in the inevitable postponement or two, and you get to this situation. More a general lack of urgency perhaps?

Correct, Lions and Oxford needed other matches to be completed and riders, tracks being available. 

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Highly unlikely Sundays meeting will godhead too...back to the drawing board.  

19 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Highly unlikely Sundays meeting will godhead too...back to the drawing board.  

That being the case let’s hope they have the decency to call it off well before start time this week.

Edited by WembleyLion

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Rather than get into the blame game, I am just very sad that a classic play off final is in danger of not taking place. This year anyway. And if that wasn't bad enough, we're facing the possibility of it taking place when the NDL is no more.