British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Triple.H.

Playoff Final

3 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Fans who have a ticket from last week are being allowed in "free" for the re-run of the meeting  which didn't happen - albeit the club wanted to run it but the riders found it too difficult (well some did) to ride. And if they don't want to watch the other match. they can toddle off back home & not be out of pocket having had to pay for something they didn't want
Many a time promotions are criticised  by spectators for charging higher prices for a double header when the spectator only wants to watch one match - Now Leicester have introduced that opportunity they are being shot at.
Just cant please all of the folk all of the time 

No you can't please all folk but believe me the promotion have cocked up yet again. The drainage hasn't solved anything . The track has rain the day beforehand and it struggles to cope and that's with Andy, Graham and SD doing their best to sort it out. If they can't fix it then it's obviously a track issue. I honestly don't see how you can defend the promotion when they weren't going to offer refunds but were forced to in the end simply to down to social media pressure from fans. So basically admitted they were wrong. Let's not forget something similar happened last year. Grand final with a chance at glory and guess what? The track couldn't cope. But don't worry folks our drainage is great!

No surprise it’s off at Leicester on Sunday.

At least they didn’t wait until start time this week.

Over to you now Buster!

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's the same every season

We have blank weeks and here we are trying to fit in key fixtures in a damp miserable October 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FishersGate said:

No you can't please all folk but believe me the promotion have cocked up yet again. The drainage hasn't solved anything . The track has rain the day beforehand and it struggles to cope and that's with Andy, Graham and SD doing their best to sort it out. If they can't fix it then it's obviously a track issue. I honestly don't see how you can defend the promotion when they weren't going to offer refunds but were forced to in the end simply to down to social media pressure from fans. So basically admitted they were wrong. Let's not forget something similar happened last year. Grand final with a chance at glory and guess what? The track couldn't cope. But don't worry folks our drainage is great!

With all of the severe flooding  throughout the country including Leicestershire caused by immense volumes of rainfall and you think a speedway track can still be prepared? 
Get real, this isn’t about the quality of drainage but the quantity of rain! 

Anyone who was out in countryside surrounding Leicester on Friday would have seen how small streams had become raging torrents several times wider and deeper than normal. Any notion of a nearby speedway track being useable within several days, even without further rain, was for the birds. Fair play to the workers who tried but the odds were hugely against

7 hours ago, Big Al said:

I don't have detailed facts at my disposal so can only put forward a guess to explain why so much time has elapsed  - is it possible that Leicester and Oxford had to await other fixtures (probably including ones involving themselves) to be completed before they were the confirmed finalists? Add in the inevitable postponement or two, and you get to this situation. More a general lack of urgency perhaps?

Oxford had to wait weeks for the rearranged league fixture to take place, which obviously delayed the arrangements for the final. The original staging was August 26th, but it didn't happen until September 23rd (and the Lions Cubs only raced on 8th and 9th in between those dates).

Plus, what's the reason the Mildenhall Knockout Cup final wasn't staged earlier? Mildenhall won their semi-final against Kent on 16th April! 

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Oxford had to wait weeks for the rearranged league fixture to take place, which obviously delayed the arrangements for the final. The original staging was August 26th, but it didn't happen until September 23rd (and the Lions Cubs only raced on 8th and 9th in between those dates).

Plus, what's the reason the Mildenhall Knockout Cup final wasn't staged earlier? Mildenhall won their semi-final against Kent on 16th April! 

You would think Leicester would've learned their lesson from last year. Although there surely must be a reason they hardly staged any meetings towards the end of the season.

Edited by Bojangles

Has a season ever ran into November? Unless rock/paper/scissors is introduced that seems to be the way it is going looking at weather forecasts. If it were any later than that, Santa might be available to guest for any unavailable riders.

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

With all of the severe flooding  throughout the country including Leicestershire caused by immense volumes of rainfall and you think a speedway track can still be prepared? 
Get real, this isn’t about the quality of drainage but the quantity of rain! 

You clearly didn't see how things went last Saturday then. Minor rain and I even spoke to the trackman and he said the track was fine. None the less riders didn't fancy it. So we re arrange meeting in October when it's wet. Seems daft to me. If it rains I get it you can't have speedway especially when it's bad but the track can barely take an inch seeing what I saw last week. 

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

You would think Leicester would've learned their lesson from last year. Although their surely must be a reason they hardly staged any meetings towards the end of the season.

Waiting on others to finish the fixtures plus poor planning on leicesters behalf. 

8 hours ago, FishersGate said:

You clearly didn't see how things went last Saturday then. Minor rain and I even spoke to the trackman and he said the track was fine. None the less riders didn't fancy it. So we re arrange meeting in October when it's wet. Seems daft to me. If it rains I get it you can't have speedway especially when it's bad but the track can barely take an inch seeing what I saw last week. 

As you say. Track was fine according to staff but riders didn’t fancy it. 
worth checking though on how much rain had actually fallen during the days leading up to the meeting & not just the day itself. 
That’s what the track had to cope with. 

9 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Has a season ever ran into November? Unless rock/paper/scissors is introduced that seems to be the way it is going looking at weather forecasts. If it were any later than that, Santa might be available to guest for any unavailable riders.

You have to go all the way back to...2022 to find a season that finished in November.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RogerM22 said:

You have to go all the way back to...2022 to find a season that finished in November.

The 2022 season doesn’t finish until Wednesday (hopefully).

• Haha 1

From the Leicester website:

LEICESTER'S NDL Grand Final and KO Cup Final fixtures have been re-arranged for next Saturday, October 28.

The clashes with Oxford and Mildenhall will be a double header starting with the Chargers match at 6.30pm, and followed up by the Fen Tigers.

Should the weather intervene once again, the meeting will switch to Sunday afternoon at 3pm.