British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

What? That he's not doing Championship or that he's not still at Glasgow?

No he’s obviously not at Glasgow as they’ve opted for Harris at number 1 and already stated they won’t be having Brennan or Basso.

But I think Glasgow may have jumped the gun by stating that both riders won’t be riding championship as the reason for not having them in their team this season. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Not quite true from what I’ve heard.

He has stated he will not be riding championship in the UK on the Glasgow website.

He said that it was too much with all his other commitments.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

No he’s obviously not at Glasgow as they’ve opted for Harris at number 1 and already stated they won’t be having Brennan or Basso.

But I think Glasgow may have jumped the gun by stating that both riders won’t be riding championship as the reason for not having them in their team this season. 

Interview with Ben below on why he won’t be riding Championship next season.

Although he may ride championship at some stage but going by his interview it’s a big if.

He admits it was down to the burden of travelling and bidding to progress in Poland as the reason for not riding in the Championship next season.

He added: “The only reason I’m not riding in the Championship next year is because it’s time to move on. 

“It’s been too tough travelling so much. It was OK in the beginning but at the end of the season, it didn’t do me any good. Not enough sleeping, I could feel it in my performances as well midway through the year. 

“I’m only going to ride in one league in the UK next year to help with the travelling. 

“If I have time and it’s possible, I can still do Championship at some stage. 

“For me it’s just about leaving the club in a good way. I really have enjoyed my time at Glasgow.”

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

He has stated he will not be riding championship in the UK on the Glasgow website.

He said that it was too much with all his other commitments.

Ok thanks for correcting me if that’s the case.

Any other ideas on heat leaders available for the gladiators?

Could they convince someone like Adam Ellis or Keynan Rew to double down?

Just now, Marky_Mark said:

Ok thanks for correcting me if that’s the case.

Any other ideas on heat leaders available for the gladiators?

Could they convince someone like Adam Ellis or Keynan Rew to double down?

Posted above Bens interview on the Glasgow website.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Great to see all the track and stadium work going on at the Coliseum!:t:

Straights to be lengthened and widened,which will make entry and exits to and from bends wider,bends 3 and 4 will be higher to help with drainage and well banked,alot to do but we have a good team of workers. :t:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lewy said:

Straights to be lengthened and widened,which will make entry and exits to and from bends wider,bends 3 and 4 will be higher to help with drainage and well banked,alot to do but we have a good team of workers. :t:

Keeping fingers crossed that improvements work out. Many clubs have fallen foul of soft/boggy areas and suffered poor opening meetings after improvements. 

Local rag in Plymouth has Mark Phillips saying he's got 5 riders signed, although hasn't named them as yet, with Ben Trigger definitely not returning. Also says we've got virtually 10 points to play with for the last two.

Edited by torpointfanatic22

So if 'virtually 10 points' left for the final 2 riders,  Barker on 7.42 will leave around 20+ points for the other 4 riders signed up.

Assuming there are 2x 2pointers (or a 2 and a 3), that would still leave enough for an 8pointer and 7 pointer.

track shape being altered is good, is the surface being changed too?

3 hours ago, lewy said:

1. Barker 

6 x 5pters

Strength in depth. 

Is a rising star not mandatory then…?