British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

39 minutes ago, HGould said:

Reading what's been said about team spirit at Plymouth last season by management I can't see Gilkes being back there. 

Can't see Anders either, how's he going to get from Plymouth on a Saturday night to Poland next day? 

It's not like riding at a track near a decent Airport.. He'd have a 3 to 4 hour drive at least to Bristol or Birmingham or Luton 

Re winning heats Strong reserves give good chances in heats 2 and 8 and to a degree 14. Fair enough to be strong in 13 and 15 but if you're losing heat 2 and 8 just as important 

Team Spirit at Plymouth.

Dan Gilkes.

Please fill in with the information.

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

The problem is, I don't think they would have two strong reserves all year (unless Joe T improves). If they had Bowtell & a 5.00 reserve, I'd say you could cover for lack of heat leader strength, but not when built 1+ points below the limit.

Oxford's team is 1 point below the limit and doesn't look weak

11 hours ago, HGould said:

Reading what's been said about team spirit at Plymouth last season by management I can't see Gilkes being back there. 

Can't see Anders either, how's he going to get from Plymouth on a Saturday night to Poland next day? 

It's not like riding at a track near a decent Airport.. He'd have a 3 to 4 hour drive at least to Bristol or Birmingham or Luton 

Re winning heats Strong reserves give good chances in heats 2 and 8 and to a degree 14. Fair enough to be strong in 13 and 15 but if you're losing heat 2 and 8 just as important 

Gilkes has a squad place in Polish Div.2 so would rule out Saturdays at Plymouth.

Rowe doesn't just u24 league place

12 hours ago, lewy said:

Barker beat a good number of those riders to come 3rd in british final and I would back him against any of them at Plymouth. 

He did and will put on a decent show and can't knock his effort. But, he hasn't been very trustworthy to see out a full season of late

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

The problem is, I don't think they would have two strong reserves all year (unless Joe T improves). If they had Bowtell & a 5.00 reserve, I'd say you could cover for lack of heat leader strength, but not when built 1+ points below the limit.

From the reserves announced so far, Joe T is definitely the strongest no7! Piper, James, Hagon, Trigger, Harrison, McGurk he beats 9/10 for me.

Then you will have either Bowtell, Gilkes or Dan T at reserve with him. At home they should be very hard to beat and will take some bettering away too.

12 hours ago, HGould said:

Agree on Rowe - just going off the rumours on here that they are the final three. The way other teams have shaped up so far, I'm not sure where else those two would go

37 minutes ago, Redflag said:

Jacob Hook is the Gladiators 5th signing. 

Didn’t see that coming, good signing that

So if the rumours are correct that Newman is in the team then what does that leave for the number 1?

6 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Didn’t see that coming, good signing that

So if the rumours are correct that Newman is in the team then what does that leave for the number 1?

Assuming figures on confirmed signings thread is correct and with Hook being a 4 and Newman 5.51. There would be 10.75 left! 

I bet it's Wilson-Dean at No.1 on a 8.21 if Kyle Newman is in.

Only two clubs that would offer him a deal would be ones who are desperate for a rider on a big GSA like Workington and Plymouth.

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Assuming figures on confirmed signings thread is correct and with Hook being a 4 and Newman 5.51. There would be 10.75 left! 

Think you need a new abacus

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

Think you need a new abacus

No, my reading that is bad rather than maths lol

So 8.23

Edited by lisa-colette

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No, my reading that is bad rather than maths lol

So 8.23

It's probably those blue tinted glasses you wear:t:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, TTT said:

I bet it's Wilson-Dean at No.1 on a 8.21 if Kyle Newman is in.

Only two clubs that would offer him a deal would be ones who are desperate for a rider on a big GSA like Workington and Plymouth.

Can’t see Clubs touching Wilson Dean with a barge pole on that average.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Tarasenko 10.41 

35 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Tarasenko 10.41 

Yeah I got it wrong. I thought there is 20 left not 20 used lol

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Can’t see Clubs touching Wilson Dean with a barge pole on that average.

I would think he is worth a punt on that average as not many riders available . If he struggles could replace later in the season. Coming in .2 under 38 would be good use of pts available 

Edited by lewy