British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Steve Worrall's not been confirmed anywhere else yet!!!

Face it he will be at Glasgow.

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Bwd has been on a bike as recent as September winning U.S open beating the likes of broc nicol and Dylan ruml in their own back yard .

You can watch the meeting on You Tube hardly inspiring but he did win the meeting.He is on an average that he will never get near achieving.IMO.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You can watch the meeting on You Tube hardly inspiring but he did win the meeting.He is on an average that he will never get near achieving.IMO.

Just like Jorgensen last season if you sign bwd you can knock 2 points off that average straight away.

That could be a long season for the Gladiators with those 5 riders. Looks like a team of second strings at best - appreciate that Barker + Bowtell are able to put decent scores at home but that looks woefully short. Happy that the Thompson Twins have a Championship spot as they both seem to find themselves being the fall guys when changes are made.

Plymouth fans at least you have got a speedway team. 

With the number one still to be signed, I can't help but fear Plymouth will struggle to beat opposing heat leaders (and 2nd strings away). Hopefully if nothing else we can dial in to the new track shape, but when you see the fire power others have (appreciate not all teams are sorted) I'm struggling to see heat wins in this team, especially away.

We'll need at least two of the 'supporting cast' to seriously improve if Plymouth want to be competitive.

I merely mentioned BWD as a bit of a laugh as wondered what his future plans were, but it looks increasingly likely he’s going to be back in the UK next season now.

He’s just posted today about flying back to New Zealand to ride in the national champs, something he hasn’t done for a while!

I  wasnt referring to kyle, but plymouth seem to have 4 reserves , 1 second string and a moderate heatleader compared to most other sides, theyve prob gone skint on crump,pedersen,anderson etc in previous seasoms .

• Like 1

Just reading in the Speedway Star that Jacob Hook has a broken wrist ruling him out of the big Aussie Centenary meeting at the end of this month!

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Welcome back Kyle it must be nice to feel wanted .

He was wanted by me back at Poole,and lots of other supporters,unfortunately the lowering of the points limit even more made it impossible, good luck to Kyle, i think he will be in for an excellent season now he is pain free, after his shoulder operation 

Edited by Arthur54