British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

But Plymouth have to have somebody…. If you don’t want Kennett, don’t want BWD and all the other possibles are in Poland then what other options do you have?

Maybe drop a reserve and sign 2 x 6 pointers instead?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neila said:

So did BWD at Newcastle couple of seasons ago, did not finish 1st meeting 

OFFICIAL meeting.  Rode in two challenge matches prior to that.

5 hours ago, Chef1 said:

Don’t think he will bring in the supporters 

Might do if he starts agro with other riders again 

Given the choice I suspect the majority of fans would rather see a strong team capable of reaching the play offs, than a weak team who would regularly get thrashed. Even if this meant abandoning the Saturday race night.

11 hours ago, King of the Boeotians said:

Given the choice I suspect the majority of fans would rather see a strong team capable of reaching the play offs, than a weak team who would regularly get thrashed. Even if this meant abandoning the Saturday race night.

I would completely agree, at the start of the season you get the fans even if the team looks weak but as the season progresses, the fans will dwindle unless you have a competitive team especially if they start losing their home meetings.

36 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would completely agree, at the start of the season you get the fans even if the team looks weak but as the season progresses, the fans will dwindle unless you have a competitive team especially if they start losing their home meetings.

Although there is a slight problem of some riders signing up to a Swedish team on a Tuesday now. 

12 hours ago, King of the Boeotians said:

But is there any rider available that would turn this team into a play-offs chasing team? 99% of (non Plymouth) fans had them down for bottom with Covatti. Not seen any suggestions of a rider that fits who is a big improvement on Covatti.

• Like 1

Putting 2 and 2 together 

Always dangerous but... 

Lewy has enquired about Danny Phillips average. 

Was told it was 2.01.

Jusr supposing they binned Jacob Hook 4.00

Wouls allow 10.23 by my calculation to get a bid hitter with 1.99 saving plus Covatti average and the 0.48 they were under the limit with Covatti. 

A 10.23 rider if they could find one, more likely on a Tuesday, would upset the proverbial applecart 

??? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Putting 2 and 2 together 

Always dangerous but... 

Was told it was 2.01.

Wouls allow 10.23 by my calculation to get a bid hitter with 1.99 saving plus Covatti average and the 0.48 they were under the limit with Covatti. 

A 10.23 rider if they could find one, more likely on a Tuesday, would upset the proverbial applecart 

??? 

I was thinking Danny Phillips maybe pushing for a championship place at Redcar if he out performs trigger at nl level. 

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Putting 2 and 2 together 

Always dangerous but... 

Was told it was 2.01.

??? 

Jacob Hook is currently on a flight to UK as we speak, would be extremely harsh.

It would be extremely harsh to drop any rider at this stage but if there are genuinely no 8 point riders then what choice do they have?

Can’t assume that it would be Hook making way though 

In the last few seasons Plymouth have shocked a few with the signing of Pedersen, Crump & Andersen.

So lets wait & see who Gary & Mark can get to put their name on the dotted line.

2 hours ago, Marky_Mark said:

It would be extremely harsh to drop any rider at this stage but if there are genuinely no 8 point riders then what choice do they have?

Can’t assume that it would be Hook making way though 

Guests? It's not like someone just backtracked themselves out of a team, he is injured. Surely if there was a viable option it would have been done by now. 

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

In the last few seasons Plymouth have shocked a few with the signing of Pedersen, Crump & Andersen.

So lets wait & see who Gary & Mark can get to put their name on the dotted line.

They have but financially it's drained the life out of them. Garry may has plenty of clout, he will dig someone up

What is Kim Nilssons average/availability?

• Like 1