British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

18 hours ago, Matt Davis said:

What is Kim Nilssons average/availability?

no idea about average, but would say availability is probably 0

• Like 2

On 2/29/2024 at 9:26 AM, therefused said:

no idea about average, but would say availability is probably 0

It would be either 6.00 or 8.50, based on his Polish average.

As he last raced in the Premiership in 2017 and the Championship in 2011, I think the converted Polish averages would take priority over his old British averages.

i realise this was an utterly pointless response!

Are there any sub 8 point Premiership riders not riding in the Championship?  Names on a postcard please.

Posted (edited)

I think Plymouth are hopeful that Covatti will recover sufficiently to race at some point in the season, so expect a temporary (5.50/6.50?) signing for a month or so meaning Barker will start at 1.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think Plymouth are hopeful that Covatti will recover sufficiently to race at some point in the season, so expect a temporary (5.50/6.50?) signing for a month or so meaning Barker will start at 1.

I agree, as long as the rules allow it, Plymouth will go with a short term replacement. With a fair wind Covatti will be back for the league fixtures on the 10th May.

Maybe they could do a Kenny Carter. 

With 2 legs in plaster he was carried to his bike nd won the British semi final at Oxford in 1984.

Remarkable.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 6:43 PM, Skidder1 said:

On 3/1/2024 at 7:20 PM, eric i said:

I agree, as long as the rules allow it, Plymouth will go with a short term replacement. With a fair wind Covatti will be back for the league fixtures on the 10th May.

One downside of this, apart from starting off weaker, is when Covatti is fit, will he be able to return to the team under the limit? If the other riders increase their averages, could block his return to the team.

Edited by szkocjasid

On 3/1/2024 at 6:43 PM, Skidder1 said:

Hope Covatti returns next season, but looking at the X rays, doubt he will ride any more. Hope I'm wrong, & he is young & fit enough to continue racing in the future.

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

Hope Covatti returns next season, but looking at the X rays, doubt he will ride any more. Hope I'm wrong, & he is young & fit enough to continue racing in the future.

Covatti is 35 so not so young. 

21 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Will Garrity be 'available' anytime soon?

Garritty would have served 50% of his sentence in January so should have been eligible for parole. As nothing has been heard it could be that a) he’s not behaved in prison so parole has been denied, b) he’s out but doesn’t want to ride, or c) he’s out but SCB/ACU won’t grant him a licence. 
My personal preference is he’s done with speedway and speedway is done with him

55 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Will Garrity be 'available' anytime soon?

Who would want him ?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Who would want him ?

Nobody one would hope.Despicable crime he committed. he was a danger on the track anyway .IMO.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 8:10 PM, HGould said:

Maybe they could do a Kenny Carter. 

With 2 legs in plaster he was carried to his bike nd won the British semi final at Oxford in 1984.

Remarkable.

And won the Final at Coventry.

The way he beat the 'Collins' brothers in his final ride was nothing short of sensational!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

And won the Final at Coventry.

The way he beat the 'Collins' brothers in his final ride was nothing short of sensational!

As Dave Lanning commentated at the time, something akin to "and Carter carves up the Collins' boys." 

Super race in extremely testing conditions. I was there and travelled down from West Yorkshire. Half way down the M1 you would never have believed that they'd get the meeting on. The motorway resembled a swimming pool in some places! 

Great meeting though with lots of controversy to boot! 

• Like 1