British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

2 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

Was told that tressarieu wanted to ride for Plymouth @2k a meeting …

Thats crazy.

I did read an article that he has his own heating and plumbing business so that takes preference i guess

6 hours ago, Ghosty said:

The current rider shortage of UK riders is down to one thing Grasstrack both adult & schoolboy it has become almost none exististent in the UK & that is where 80% of all British riders came from. The BSPL should work with the ACU to encourage a revival of ACU clubs to run Grasstrack meetings.

Beg to differ, the 3 top riders from Cumbria came from moto X, one now a GP rider , one used to ride for Plymouth and the other is No 1 for worky :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

According to Plymouth owner Mark Philips in his p&p interview (available on fb etc), the club has til Wednesday - 72 hours before their first fixture -  to make a signing in order to take their place in the League!!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, alang said:

6.66 more suited for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

According to Plymouth owner Mark Philips in his p&p interview (available on fb etc), the club has til Wednesday - 72 hours before their first fixture -  to make a signing in order to take their place in the League!!!

So then it can’t be true that they can use guests up to 75% of Covatti’s average 

5 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

Was told that tressarieu wanted to ride for Plymouth @2k a meeting …

Are you sure that wasn't £2K a season?

Wont be Garrity surely.

I wish Plymouth all the best in getting a rider signed, not a great predicament to be in for promotion and fans, got to feel for you guys.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It wont and shouldn't come to that, Plymouth will have the use of an NDL guest until such time they find a replacement for Covatti.

Well if thats the case Ben Trigger only lives up the road from the track

14 hours ago, Neila said:

Beg to differ, the 3 top riders from Cumbria came from moto X, one now a GP rider , one used to ride for Plymouth and the other is No 1 for worky :rolleyes:

Moto X that's a Grasstrack with a few hills!

15 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

Thats crazy.

I did read an article that he has his own heating and plumbing business so that takes preference i guess

Certainly puts a spanner in the works...

At least he hasn't got the flue....

Wouldn't pay him in washers...

For Plymouth, the heat is on...

Etc etc etc...

I'll get me coat...

15 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Certainly puts a spanner in the works...

At least he hasn't got the flue....

Wouldn't pay him in washers...

For Plymouth, the heat is on...

Etc etc etc...

I'll get me coat...

Trying to sign a rider will have sent the promotion round the u-bend but come the end of the season they are hoping to be flushed with success, maybe that is a pipe dream though.

I`ll get your coat.

5 hours ago, screm said:

It wont and shouldn't come to that, Plymouth will have the use of an NDL guest until such time they find a replacement for Covatti.

Are you sure? As far as I'm aware there's no such rule as a NL guest? If you're not allowed a facility it's 75% of the missing riders average.

• Like 1

Got to feel for Plymouth, obviously running to a budget, can't pick a rider out of thin air, been soggy all winter while major track work has been going on, now still soggy and the track is struggling to dry out, then your 1st meeting on a bank holiday weekend against a side that will pull in the fans, home and away, now in doubt due to incomplete team and a dodgy track. Hope the meeting is on at the weekend as it could make or break the full season