British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

1 hour ago, Catalan said:

Because Neil Vatcher has said no.

But does he have that power? There is no discretionary element in the rule as quoted in the rulebook.

20 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But does he have that power? There is no discretionary element in the rule as quoted in the rulebook.

Your forgetting “the best interests of the sport rule “

Just read on British speedway that Plymouth’s first 2 matches are being postponed…perhaps the promotion are listening to fan power lmao

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

“Best interests of the sport” is surely a BSPL matter, not one for SCB?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Just read on British speedway that Plymouth’s first 2 matches are being postponed…perhaps the promotion are listening to fan power lmao

Taking up bends 3 and 4 and putting down some aggregate which needs time and sunshine to  bed in.

Could tell from the pictures ages ago the track was a long way off being anywhere near ready. Place looked like a quagmire amongst a bomb site. 

Plymouth shouldn't be anywhere near middle tier speedway to be honest. 

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Surely it'd be in "the best interests of the sport" to allow Plymouth a 75% guest? 

• Like 1

With only 11 home fixtures, unless they qualify for later rounds, starting their home season late, shouldn't harm Plymouth. If anything it means less gaps once they get going.

Only downside is holding up the BSN semis & finals.

11 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Could tell from the pictures ages ago the track was a long way off being anywhere near ready. Place looked like a quagmire amongst a bomb site. 

Also from looking at it. I don’t actually think the track changes are going to do anything as the entrance and exit widths are still the same. Just the middle bit of the corner that’s wider.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Not surprised to hear this Saturdays match is off! 

When you have a year's rainfall in 3 months it's no surprise. 

If they'd just left track as it was and done no changes it would still be off. 

Going to be more off than on if weekend forecasts are right. 

Needs a week of dry some sun and some high winds everywhere. Like March used to be. 

Edited by HGould
spelling

Convenient for Plymouth with no number 1, I bet these 2 fixtures get pushed right back into the season and will hold up BSN series for everyone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Why should Plymouth not be anywhere near the middle tier you clown, on Monday we had a months rainfall in 24 hours, tell me a track what could take that the promotion are trying to make the track better and there’s keyboard warriors like you giving them grief for it the weather down here for the last few months has been horrendous what are they meant to do.wind your neck in concentrate on your own team whoever they are and keep your nose out of something that doesn’t concern you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eric i said:

Convenient for Plymouth with no number 1, I bet these 2 fixtures get pushed right back into the season and will hold up BSN series for everyone else.

You can’t beat the weather Eric be fair.

11 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Why should Plymouth not be anywhere near the middle tier you clown, on Monday we had a months rainfall in 24 hours, tell me a track what could take that the promotion are trying to make the track better and there’s keyboard warriors like you giving them grief for it the weather down here for the last few months has been horrendous what are they meant to do.wind your neck in concentrate on your own team whoever they are and keep your nose out of something that doesn’t concern you.

Your club is a shambles and ever since joining the middle tier , under Bowden and current management, there is always something going on thats not good. 

Those pictures of your track work summed up the level the clubs at. That JCB must be at least 40 years old?

Plymouth is a third tier club. My club Newport in the last 6 or 7 years of its existence was also just a third tier club operating beyond their means in the second tier. I didn't admit it at the time as , as a fan, you want your team operating in the highest league possible. But on such low crowds it should of been in the National / Conference league. 

Plymouth is a third tier club. Admit it and move on. Do you think the likes of Glasgow or Poole would struggle so much with replacing a heatleader? No chance.