British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Hamster00 said:

Totally disagree, common sense is often lacking in this sport but I think for once it has prevailed.

A minor league sport where we should be doing everything we can to preserve and help the clubs within the system survive, I’ve been following the sport since the late 90’s and the amount of teams who have fallen on hard times and disappeared to then never return is staggering, to the point where the bare bones remain.

Giving Plymouth no facility and then basically no hope of competing never mind winning would surely turn not only casual fans away but the fantastic loyal support that the club has.

The last thing I as a speedway fan want to see is another club fall on hard times through in theory very little/no fault of there own.

Why do you want to see Plymouth in a potentially bad situation? Is it so your own club does better? I’m a Berwick fan like yourself and I would much rather have as many competitive teams in the league as possible and teams being sustainable for years to come.

9 likes,1person thinks it's funny just about sums up that person. 

Edited by lewy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Wrong decision. Plymouth once again making a mockery of the sport. Worst run club in the Championship! 

Not really Plymouths fault on this one, didn't ask for there No 1 to get injured 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Wrong decision. Plymouth once again making a mockery of the sport. Worst run club in the Championship! 

But they’re still in the league. Doing better than many.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

How are Plymouth making a mockery of the sport? They didn't make the decision to allow a facility for an injured rider.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Whether the decision is right or wrong ( personally think under the circumstances it was right, especially as its 28 days) and it's so unlikely to make any difference to the outcome of the eventual league champions I would imagine, as the teams likely to get to the playoffs won't be affected by it one way or another through a full season.

• Haha 1

So speedway no longer has rules… this could be fun 

• Like 1

What would a polish club get in this situation? I'd imagine they will have a clear ruling as speedway there seems to flourish every year in Poland. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

What would a polish club get in this situation? I'd imagine they will have a clear ruling as speedway there seems to flourish every year in Poland. 

It would be refused a licence, would be closed down and then presumably lost to speedway. That's why there are now only FOUR Polish teams in the bottom league.

• Like 1

Maybe the decision was made/rubberstamped by the promotions of the other CL clubs as being in the best interests of all CL clubs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Maybe the decision was made/rubberstamped by the promotions of the other CL clubs as being in the best interests of all CL clubs.

Thought it was a SCB decision, not BSPL!?

• Like 1

It really doesn’t matter because bar their away matches as they won’t be racing at home on account that track is built on marshland which  means they have trouble getting meetings on in the height of summer, never mind April.

Why on earth would BSN opt to show a meeting from their this early in the season knowing it’s very likely to be canned 24 hours in advance.

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

It would be refused a licence, would be closed down and then presumably lost to speedway. That's why there are now only FOUR Polish teams in the bottom league.

There are SIX teams in the Polish bottom League

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, marko said:

It really doesn’t matter because bar their away matches as they won’t be racing at home on account that track is built on marshland which  means they have trouble getting meetings on in the height of summer, never mind April.

Why on earth would BSN opt to show a meeting from their this early in the season knowing it’s very likely to be canned 24 hours in advance.

As opposed to July when they'll be burning hay on the back straight two hours before the meeting?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

There are SIX teams in the Polish bottom League

Read my post again, slowly this time.

Or do you think Landshurt and Daugavpils are now in Poland?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

How are Plymouth making a mockery of the sport? They didn't make the decision to allow a facility for an injured rider.

Add in the Kennett farce, no or minimal track drainage, meetings being called off due to bad track prep. Farcical. NDL operation at best.