British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

4 hours ago, lbw said:

Yes it's 3am and I'll shortly be leaving home so let's hope that pesky rain stays away so we Pirates can 'Reign' !

:t:

Forecast has improved a little not raining until 11pm on metoffice so may get a shower or two like Glasgow.I expect the track will be prepped with that in mind.

• Like 1

Flat white update......... won't be avin one today as coach delayed on M1, think there's been a crash.

No idea when I'll be getting in to London, no idea when I'll be arriving in to Bournemouth.

7 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Good morning, speedway fans.

Hows the weather in Dorset?

Very grey 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lbw said:

Flat white update......... won't be avin one today as coach delayed on M1, think there's been a crash.

No idea when I'll be getting in to London, no idea when I'll be arriving in to Bournemouth.

Trackprat will disappointed there is no flat white 

Perfectly set up this match. Be great to see a Glasgow win but Poole deserve it after finishing top of the table.

Should be a comfy Poole win, 55-35

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Should be a comfy Poole win, 55-35

That's my kinda score, we gonna smash em hard from the off and not let them get a look in.

Anders Rowe down to ride according to speedway updates, anyone av any more information?

Looking forward to this evening. Pirates need to get off to a decent start and pile the pressure on Glasgow from the early heats. Not going to be easy and previous results this season are not relevant. We all know Harris will be a man on a mission and when he is on this type of form is virtually impossible to beat. Expecting him to score very heavily. If Basso backs him up and Tarasenko takes a liking to the Poole track it’s going to be a tough ask to pull back the 14 points.

However, Poole have been solid this season and as long as our heat leaders do their job, and Zack, Kyle and Joe back them to the best of their ability, victory is achievable. 

The latest forecast is for the weather to remain dry and let’s hope it does until after the meeting. Let the best team win and if it’s Glasgow, then well done to them. And I will be happy to congratulate them.

• Like 1

If I’m Cami Brown, I’m printing this and sticking it up around the Glasgow pits area tonight.

CDC4-AFC5-4-FDC-4-AB7-B8-AE-DFED789815-F

Steve Worrall’s comments, FYI.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

2 hours ago, lbw said:

Hey lbw, this is not good at all. No flat white! I think you need to take a bit of time out in Bournemouth to make sure you have one.

Enjoy the meeting, I'll be watching on BSN. May the best team win.

First 4 heats will be decider for me. If usual plan is followed Vadim will get the first r/r ride in heat 3, bomber and Tom in heat 1. I think we need to get out of that run of heats ahead if possible, level at worst. If Poole get up early think will be curtains 

5 minutes ago, lbw said:

That's my kinda score, we gonna smash em hard from the off and not let them get a look in.

Anders Rowe down to ride according to speedway updates, anyone av any more information?

I hope Anders rides, he makes a big difference to our team and was missed on Monday when his r/r rides brought very few points.

11 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Hey lbw, this is not good at all. No flat white! I think you need to take a bit of time out in Bournemouth to make sure you have one.

Enjoy the meeting, I'll be watching on BSN. May the best team win.

Cheers Tinker

Only just made my connecting coach in London so all back on time to Bournemouth. Will av a flat white in me b&b :t:

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

Surely Glasgow can pull this off!

If Scunthorpe can get a draw, then I can't see why Glasgow can't hold on.....

Basso/Harris/ will do the damage!