8 minutes ago, snapper said:

Nah maybe you should come back to me when you actually win a trophy

better still win a match,.... lol

• Like 1

Can't believe the Pirates choked...Glug Glug Glug 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

What a speedway rider Chris Harris has been and is, will be a sad day when he packs in. 

Almost unbeatable over both legs and was good for Sheffield too, not so good for Leicester earlier in the season. I believe he should have been in world cup too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Almost unbeatable over both legs and was good for Sheffield too, not so good for Leicester earlier in the season. I believe he should have been in world cup too.

He may not have been doing so well for Leicester but was still doing ok enough not to get dropped. Part of the reason for Leicester's collapse was the day they released Bomber, extremely poor management decision! No wonder he felt like packing up.

Nonsensical !

Edited by lbw
  • Like 4

Could not understand what Leicester were thinking with those team changes to be honest. mental!

I remember Harris as a 16 year old at Exeter in 1999, would never of thought then he would go on to have the career that he has had. Looked good around Exeter but rubbish away from home, as was the norm for all their riders apart from Colesy. He then came to Newport with Trelawny a few years later and got a faultless 15 point maximum beating Watson, Smart and PUK. Couldn't believe the difference in his from in a matter of seasons.

He has been an absolute pleasure to watch for 25 years. Never looked a future world champion but always gives it his all. Be a sad day when he packs up.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Could not understand what Leicester were thinking with those team changes to be honest. mental!

I remember Harris as a 16 year old at Exeter in 1999, would never of thought then he would go on to have the career that he has had. Looked good around Exeter but rubbish away from home, as was the norm for all their riders apart from Colesy. He then came to Newport with Trelawny a few years later and got a faultless 15 point maximum beating Watson, Smart and PUK. Couldn't believe the difference in his from in a matter of seasons.

He has been an absolute pleasure to watch for 25 years. Never looked a future world champion but always gives it his all. Be a sad day when he packs up.

Think my first ever Speedway meeting was Berwick Vs Exeter 1999 and Bomber was at reserve. Fast forward 3 years I remember two stalks of Paul Bentley (no slouch), his team I think scored 28 points that night and he then finally caught 'Banger' in Heat 15 to stop his maximum. Then went on to pass Leigh Adams at Berwick the following season.

He's had an excellent career for someone who doesn't trap terribly well. Hopefully he can keep on keeping on for a few more years. Halcyon moments like this week sadly don't usually last.

Well done Glasgow and Bomber!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Think my first ever Speedway meeting was Berwick Vs Exeter 1999 and Bomber was at reserve. Fast forward 3 years I remember two stalks of Paul Bentley (no slouch), his team I think scored 28 points that night and he then finally caught 'Banger' in Heat 15 to stop his maximum. Then went on to pass Leigh Adams at Berwick the following season.

He's had an excellent career for someone who doesn't trap terribly well. Hopefully he can keep on keeping on for a few more years. Halcyon moments like this week sadly don't usually last.

Well done Glasgow and Bomber!

I seen him at Trelawny a couple of times too... was brilliant to watch even then.

They were the days!

6 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I seen him at Trelawny a couple of times too... was brilliant to watch even then.

They were the days!

Amen!

21 minutes ago, Pinny said:

They were the days!

I did as well, was certainly a draw even then, and the joy of china clay stuck to your trainers never to come off.....

12 hours ago, Jonimac said:

Well done to the Tigers.

History mean that we were all waiting for the Poole comeback, but give the boys credit, as they didn’t let them back into the final.

Ignoring the usual idiotic point scoring on here, the request to blame the authorities for Tarasenko being allowed to race for us (can you imagine, the very cheek of it !), and the frankly classless comments on BSN from Roynon , as Glasgow go to collect the trophy, that “Poole are club like no other” (who hires these inarticulate people anyway?) , how about just acknowledging that we were the better side over the two legs? 
A special shout out to Harris, Brennan (who I’ve been concerned about) and Complin, who showed what being a team is all about.

To be fair think Roynon's comment was part of his answer to Ian's question about Poole rather an opinion about Glasgow, just unfortunate timing.  Could be wrong but from memory think that's all it was.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes but we can’t say too much about it for a couple of reasons. 
1. It was allowed, god knows why, but it was, so is legit.

2. If we moan about it, it looks like very sour grapes. So best not really use it at the moment and let Glasgow fans have their moment of glory.

Totally agree about your final line. 

And with that, you have just eradicated your magnanimous congratulations to Glasgow. 

8 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

And with that, you have just eradicated your magnanimous congratulations to Glasgow. 

Didn’t last long did it, shovlar shows his true colours yet again 

• Like 1