British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole fans who attended Glasgow on Monday said the crowd was about a third of the size of Wimborne Road last night. I wasn’t there to verify but the supporters have no reason to fib. Perhaps the crowd wasn’t huge due to off night?

Crowd was well over a thousand , which for a meeting hastily rearranged twice wasn't bad . The crowd levels at Glasgow are generally pretty healthy 

• Like 8

Glasgow only signed Tarasenko due to Marcin leaving, there would have been no change if Marcin was not recalled by his Polish team. Granted the change did strengthen us, due mainly by moving Tom to 2 with Bomber, at the same time we lost our power house pairing of Claus and Ben and that lost us points

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I keep reading this and I always have the same thought.....a club like Glasgow with a good racetrack moving up would enhance the Prem, so even if one considered the top league to be 'inferior' it would be less so with Glasgow in it. You'd have seven in each division and a more even spread of the better circuits. Plus why would you not want to see the likes of Emil, Doyle, Bewley, Holder, Tai, Laguta, Lambert etc on a regular basis?

Glasgow would enhance the Premiership but does Glasgow need the Premiership ? Local Derby would change from Edinburgh to Belle Vue ,travelling fans (of which Glasgow have a large number) would have horrendous traveling distance with the rest of the Premier being so far south. Also not sure bigger speedway names would have major attendance increase in Scotland, higher costs with restricted income would be inevitable.

Would be entertaining to see Glasgow in the Prem and on TV but think Glasgow will continue to build its infrastructure before considering moving up IMHO

3 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Glasgow only signed Tarasenko due to Marcin leaving, there would have been no change if Marcin was not recalled by his Polish team. Granted the change did strengthen us, due mainly by moving Tom to 2 with Bomber, at the same time we lost our power house pairing of Claus and Ben and that lost us points

Let’s be honest if Poole had won  on aggregate he wouldn’t even mention Tarasenko.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Let’s be honest if Poole had won  on aggregate he wouldn’t even mention Tarasenko.

I have mentioned it from the day it was announced and have been proven to be completely correct. 

I have always said Glasgow didn’t break the so called rules, so why are Glasgow fans so tetchy about it? 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I have mentioned it from the day it was announced and have been proven to be completely correct. 

I have always said Glasgow didn’t break the so called rules, so why are Glasgow fans so tetchy about it? 

I never said you didn’t mention it when first signed.

I am saying if you had won last night he wouldn’t have been mentioned in the here and now.

Its because we won last night it is being dragged up again unsurprisingly.

• Like 2

Just now, Gazc said:

I never said you didn’t mention it when first signed.

I am saying if you had won last night he wouldn’t have been mentioned in the here and now.

Its because we won last night it is being dragged up again unsurprisingly.

Because it’s the reason you won! With Nowak you wouldn’t have got past Oxford. 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And you know this how.

Anything is possible we could have lost with Tarasenko scoring poorly.

It is irrelevant as we won so doesn’t really matter however many times you say it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Can someone ensure Marcin gets a medal, best move he ever made, albeit outwith his control. Dropped in the doodoo, we came out of it smelling like roses with Vad.

Be good to enjoy this league success, the last time we slipped towards the abyss from 2012 - 2014 as a result, before the Facenna revolution from 2015.

Edited by MD

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You don't think nowak could've matched his 8 from 5 rides, which was 5 from his first 4 rides? Tarasenko was pretty average both legs against Oxford. But don't let that get in the way of your flawed logic :D

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

You don't think nowak could've matched his 8 from 5 rides, which was 5 from his first 4 rides? Tarasenko was pretty average both legs against Oxford. But don't let that get in the way of your flawed logic :D

No I certainly don’t think Nowak would have scored very many if any. He was woeful at Poole in the BSN final. Tailed off by miles.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

No I certainly don’t think Nowak would have scored very many if any. He was woeful at Poole in the BSN final. Tailed off by miles.

I'm sorry what's that got to do with Oxford :blink:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I give up Mystec Meg.

Send me the lottery numbers for this weekend after Scunthorpe build a 14 point lead on Friday.

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And if Lawson and Worrall hadn’t choked over the two legs of the final Poole would have won 

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm sorry what's that got to do with Oxford :blink:

The clairvoyant must be distraught, he came across pretty balanced initially but I guess it has been gnawing away at him since.

Lovely just breath the seethe in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1