British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

12 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

What Marcin scored at the BSN final is irrelevant. The Tigers team only got 28! The track was different last night so you can't just assume Marcin would have had a nightmare that's just illogical.

Spot on it’s just Shovlar being a clown as normal the man is just a child trolling for kicks

Marcin did indeed get 0

But in the same meeting Lawson and Worrall got 27 between them beaten only once ….. yet in the final they got 17….. 

Poole fans need to be looking at their performance rather then other areas 

Did anyone see how petulant Lawson was going back to the pits after heat 13?? One of the most disliked riders can’t think why lol 

Edited by Gavan
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Spot on it’s just Shovlar being a clown as normal the man is just a child trolling for kicks

Marcin did indeed get 0

But in the same meeting Lawson and Worrall got 27 between them beaten only once ….. yet in the final they got 17….. 

Did anyone see how petulant Lawson was going back to the pits after heat 13?? One of the most disliked riders can’t think why lol 

What a strange post. Shovlar has been fairly gracious considering, and although he likes a windup, he's hardly pushed the envelope. You've spouted more on here than a thread about your own team losing their respective final - it's odd behaviour.

You're - I assume - a grown adult and yet you're wrapped round Shovlar's little finger like a yappy dog whenever he pushes your buttons. 

As for Richard Lawson, I can't think of a more inoffensive rider. Disliked? Just cause he might have beat one of your team's riders once it doesn't mean he's disliked by everyone else.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

What a strange post. Shovlar has been fairly gracious considering, and although he likes a windup, he's hardly pushed the envelope. You've spouted more on here than a thread about your own team losing their respective final - it's odd behaviour.

You're - I assume - a grown adult and yet you're wrapped round Shovlar's little finger like a yappy dog whenever he pushes your buttons. 

As for Richard Lawson, I can't think of a more inoffensive rider. Disliked? Just cause he might have beat one of your team's riders once it doesn't mean he's disliked by everyone else.

Best post for a while. 

2 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

Excellent post.

18 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You have me very wrong. I congratulate Glasgow on their win. But if I point out that the signing of Tarasenko completely changed Glasgow from playoff candidates to clear favourites, it seems to upset their fanbase. When it was clear for all to see. 

100% Agreed. Although in defence, any club in the same situation would have done the same, just that Cami and his mates were quick off the mark,
and although we would have been  happier  bringing back a 10/12 point deficit i doubt it would have mattered . They were far sharper out of the gate. when we needed to be.
Its not been a bad season on the whole one trophy, so far, and two finals , so if we can wrap up the K O Cup i think the whole club will be happy with that.
Terry and Garath did a great job with the track knowing what we faced, but end of the day it was all down to getting out  of the start.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

Lawson guested for Sheffield  in the final, should be happy with him as he didnt score many points. Lawson isnt disliked,  even Glasgow fans who call him the son of god dont dislike him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Lawson guested for Sheffield  in the final, should be happy with him as he didnt score many points. Lawson isnt disliked,  even Glasgow fans who call him the son of god dont dislike him.

Would have him back at Glasgow in a heartbeat, but not at the expense of Bomber, which I thought I would never be saying at the start off the season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Would have him back at Glasgow in a heartbeat, but not at the expense of Bomber, which I thought I would never be saying at the start off the season.

Lawson for the normal season, Bomber for the playoffs,  sure that can be engineered within the rules next season by someone.....just a thought....:rolleyes:

Edited by gazzac
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gavan said:

Marcin did indeed get 0

Harsh re Richard Lawson. In the past The guy wouldn’t count Armadale as a favourite track but this season he was a joy to watch there both for and against Edinburgh. 

• Like 1

Some people need to remember that Richard Lawson has been carrying a leg/ankle injury in recent weeks which he will not have treated til the close season!

• Like 1

I'm puzzled about the comment saying Richard Lawson being "one of the most disliked riders", and also not being happy after heat 13.  Think there'd be something wrong if he was happy, just shows he wants to win, can't see anything wrong with that.  Richard was also sporting in his comments when interviewed mid-match saying Glasgow a good team etc.  Think I saw somewhere a while ago that Richard wants to be recognised for his own efforts and in his own right rather than the Son of God tag, but he's more than established himself as a top rider in the sport and I'd be more than happy to see him back at Glasgow.  As any team would, and look at the number of guest bookings he gets, hardly a sign of a disliked rider.

Negative comments re Mr Sovlar, to be fair seems to me he's been magnanimous in congratulating the Tigers, fair play to him.  As have other Pirates supporters.

Think where I'd maybe ever so slightly disagree with Mr Shovlar is regarding Tarasenko.  Granted replacing Nowak with Tarasenko was an improvement.  But, to quote an earlier post by SharpenRake:
"From the BSPL web site, Marcin Nowak's Rolling Average from 14 meetings was 7.16. His real average (not Green Sheet) based on his 10 meetings this year was 6.70. His home average was 6.30 and his away average was 7.25."

So still a decent rider and one that was steadily improving.  Even so Tarasenko was an improvement in scoring but don't think it was enough to absolutely guarantee etc or that there was then only one team that would win.  After all, Poole are a very strong team and did finish top of the league.

As with a lot of things the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, that whereas before the Tigers had an edge but at times not quite, signing Tarasenko gave the Tigers a more consistent edge.  So yeah it gave the Tigers something of an edge rather than absolutely guarantee the title.  Think we can all agree it was a help!

Before I forget, best of luck to Poole in the KOC final.

• Like 1