British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Poole - 2023 KOC Final

58 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes I know that.  I have a lot of friends who are big sports fans but think only one of them is actually looking forward to watching it. I love sport myself and watch many sports but rugby isn’t one of them. Tried to watch a match with England recently when a player got sent off for accidentally clashing heads with an opposition player. A nonsense call, as are so many of the rules in that sport. 

Hard to watch and even if it didnt clash with the speedway I wouldn’t watch it. I know it has a following and some like it but it doesn’t have a decent following compared to the footy. If I as given free tickets for Twickenham I wouldn’t go. But that’s just me. Rather watch footy, cricket, speedway. Same goes for American Football. Attended a match once at Wembley New England v Tampa Bay. Was boring and nearly left at half time. 

Don't watch American Football personally but I like Rugby and the world cup has been good and now we are at the quarter final stage so getting more exciting. They are trying to stop the head clashes which is good but go too far sometimes. Anyway the meeting could affect the crowd but hopefully not too much. Rain maybe the winner wednesday looking at the forecast.

Massive meeting, can’t let poole do us again. Will be an entertaining meeting. Lambo 15 max easy as you like!

Pirates hanging on in there. Gate 4 a massive advantage so far.

1 hour ago, scorpion61 said:

Massive meeting, can’t let poole do us again. Will be an entertaining meeting. Lambo 15 max easy as you like!

You were saying? Ben from the back!

Funny, never heard  a whisper from Shovlar when Glasgow were giving them a tanking!

The advantage of gate 4 is a joke. Some great racing but gate 4 is two bikes up into the first bend most of the time. And finally in heat 13 Worrall breaks the run. Cracking heat though!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

:cheers: 47-43 take that all day long! Well done boys! Feel more than confident. 

Unusual fact. Not a single 5-1 either way in the whole meeting.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

:cheers: 47-43 take that all day long! Well done boys! Feel more than confident. 

Unusual fact. Not a single 5-1 either way in the whole meeting.

We need Kyle from reserve on it Wednesday as Kemp for them is going to run riot. 

Shovlar commenting all through a meet when Poole aren’t being beat lol comical 

What is up with this Poole side absolutely so off form Lawson and Worrall again pretty average 

Poole won by 10 last time and this time with the advantage of r/r ( Cook can ride where’s last time reserves only ) and they lose by 4 that’s a big swing 

Something clearly not right with the Pirates to lose a meeting they clearly should have won …. I’d expect them to win the cup as can’t see Douglas and Kemp getting 30 again 

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

What is up with this Poole side absolutely so off form Lawson and Worrall again pretty average 

Poole won by 10 last time and this time with the advantage of r/r ( Cook can ride where’s last time reserves only ) and they lose by 4 that’s a big swing 

Something clearly not right with the Pirates to lose a meeting they clearly should have won …. I’d expect them to win the cup as can’t see Douglas and Kemp getting 30 again 

Zach Cook outscored Dougie at Scunny but yeah we are so off form :rolleyes: If we were off form we would have lost by 8-12. 

But we do need to start meetings better. 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Zach Cook outscored Dougie at Scunny but yeah we are so off form :rolleyes: If we were off form we would have lost by 8-12. 

But we do need to start meetings better. 

You go there end of September and win by 10

You go there today same team and lose by 4

Is that not a drop in form?

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I wouldn't say Lawson was average beat Douglas, was only heat 15 he didn't do anything, fair enough Worrall was a let down again 

Having drawn at WR in the Play Offs not that long ago Scunny will fancy their chances.

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You go there end of September and win by 10

You go there today same team and lose by 4

Is that not a drop in form?

"So off form" 

"Drop in form"

Which is it?

Losing by 4 against a team good enough to get to a knockout cup final is hardly shameful. Dear me, if you're going to try to wind people up then at least have some wit.

Edited by RogerM22

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Having drawn at WR in the Play Offs not that long ago Scunny will fancy their chances.

No i doubt it, very happy with result, we will win cup easily.

• Like 1