British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

I recall the tigers management stating they would not move up a league until they won the league title in the league they were in. I wonder if next season the tigers will line up at the tapes in the top league now. 

As for riders it is tough to guess without knowing the points limit but I would gladly take Doyle and Emil off Ipswich :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

I recall the tigers management stating they would not move up a league until they won the league title in the league they were in. I wonder if next season the tigers will line up at the tapes in the top league now. 

As for riders it is tough to guess without knowing the points limit but I would gladly take Doyle and Emil off Ipswich :D

This will take care off itself tonight is more about gloating on the Poole match thread.

• Haha 2

Do not let Chris Harris leave the district of Dorset without signing a contract for next season. Put his 3 year-old son at seven if it means a Harris remains a Tiger.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

This will take care off itself tonight is more about gloating on the Poole match thread.

The path to continual success stops for no man. The long journey to the Premiership title starts now. 

If Championship points limit is as rumoured then Premiership it must surely be? 

Brilliant chance for a relaunch moving up to the top league as Champions. 

• Like 1

Given this is the Championship forum, I'll assume that league. Plus, I still don't think we will go up.

I'd take: Bomber, Claus, Lee, Ace, Danyon.

I think Ace is a given. Lee's been much better with better equipment. Bomber will be in demand but I hope he chooses to stay. Claus still has a great average. Danyon has a good average and was great away from home for us last year.

Not sure what that comes to and what's left.

2 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Do not let Chris Harris leave the district of Dorset without signing a contract for next season. Put his 3 year-old son at seven if it means a Harris remains a Tiger.

He's been terrific. Crazy given how sour things went the last time he rode in Tigers colours.

• Like 1

Whatever happens you build the team around Bomber Harris, they guy is an absolute machine.

Lee Complin since August has been outstanding (till bike blew in Poole) especially turning it on in the playoffs.

Danyon needs to come back.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fingersfin said:

36 is rumoured, if that's the case we are surely offski. 

If it's 36, we are really talking about a different league. That's not the Championship as we've known it.

9 hours ago, Fingersfin said:

36 is rumoured, if that's the case we are surely offski. 

38 is what I've heard , but even that is unacceptable.  They can't keep watering down the Championship and expect the fans to turn up and pay 20 odd quid to get in and watch a load of 6 point riders . 

We've finally got the title monkey off our backs . Time to think hard and see what ambitions we as a club really want . 

Yes the Monday and Thursday thing isn't ideal , but the size of the crowd that turned up at Ashfield last Monday shows what is possible if you have the right opposition . 

We have the facilities , we have the track fit for the Premiership.. Let's bite the bullet and move up 

• Like 6

I’m caught in two minds regarding Glasgow’s status next season.

On one hand, there’s absolutely nothing stopping the club, but a significant volume of factors encouraging it to step-up a league.

Then again, do Glasgow want to be a part of a league which consists of six or seven teams, at most? Can you imagine the buzz of the fixtures being released, but realising that between April and October, you’ll only face five or six other sides? Pardon my French, but f*ck that.

I hope both leagues merge. Actually, I pray they do, but I won’t hold my breath.

Also, could someone kindly explain to me the BSPA’s appetite for reducing the averages limit? I don’t understand or see the benefit in reducing it; surely the result is weaker sides, no?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I’m caught in two minds regarding Glasgow’s status next season.

On one hand, there’s absolutely nothing stopping the club, but a significant volume of factors encouraging it to step-up a league.

Then again, do Glasgow want to be a part of a league which consists of six or seven teams, at most? Can you imagine the buzz of the fixtures being released, but realising that between April and October, you’ll only face five or six other sides? Pardon my French, but f*ck that.

I hope both leagues merge. Actually, I pray they do, but I won’t hold my breath.

Also, could someone kindly explain to me the BSPA’s appetite for reducing the averages limit? I don’t understand or see the benefit in reducing it; surely the result is weaker sides, no?

We're probably only going to have 8 teams in the Championship next season , so not a great deal of difference 

Just now, Paulco said:

We're probably only going to have 8 teams in the Championship next season , so not a great deal of difference 

That’s disappointing, but it is what it is. A one-league merger is necessary even more so, in my opinion.