British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

10 minutes ago, Paulco said:

We're probably only going to have 8 teams in the Championship next season , 

6 teams in premiership.  9 in championship.  No NDL.   

Just 15 teams in the whole country.    Wolverhampton, Peterborough, Mildenhall and Kent closed.  

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

6 teams in premiership.  9 in championship.  No NDL.   

Just 15 teams in the whole country.    Wolverhampton, Peterborough, Mildenhall and Kent closed.  

Throw in hefty question marks surrounding the futures of Plymouth, Edinburgh & Birmingham in the coming seasons. The custodians of the sport for the past 15 years should hang their heads in shame. No need for a NDL as there won't be a sport to progress into in 5 years time. 

Cheers UK Speedway it was fun while it lasted.

• Like 4

Just waiting for the news that Team Manager Cami Brown has signed a new 10 year contract after winning the League title. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if there will be one league but riders can ride for two teams. Don't laugh you never know

• Haha 2

If the conversion rate stays the same surely have to look at guys like bellego and rew on PL 4s coming in to champ on a 6. Bellego in particular had an awful season throughout Europe but is clearly better than a 6 in a potentially weakened champ. 

And I know it never happen but Vadim again on a 5 is surely a must :D

29 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If the conversion rate stays the same surely have to look at guys like bellego and rew on PL 4s coming in to champ on a 6. Bellego in particular had an awful season throughout Europe but is clearly better than a 6 in a potentially weakened champ. 

And I know it never happen but Vadim again on a 5 is surely a must :D

I’ve heard his average will be something like 8.60. I don’t remember the details of how or why, but I’ve been told he won’t be on a 5.

2 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I’ve heard his average will be something like 8.60. I don’t remember the details of how or why, but I’ve been told he won’t be on a 5.

Yeah I'd guessed they'd make his average his PL convert tbf. 

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Just waiting for the news that Team Manager Cami Brown has signed a new 10 year contract after winning the League title. 

Think he going to replace Middlo at Poole.!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Do not let Chris Harris leave the district of Dorset without signing a contract for next season. Put his 3 year-old son at seven if it means a Harris remains a Tiger.

Always been box office has Bomber, never lost his brilliant bike control, his passion or determination. His previous spell with the Tigers was arguably one of his poorest ever.

Well done Tigers & everyone already looking at next season & if anyone in that Glasgow team will be replaced.

Bomber will certainly be in demand next season & maybe Cami as he’s got a winners medal now on his CV ! 

Congratulations to everyone at Ashfield !

I don't really favour any team but a very good friend of mine is heavily involved at Glasgow, he is well pleased, so I'm also happy for him:D....

Think if you stay in championship bring back bomber, Vadim and Brennan as your big hitters. Piper deserves another shot along with complin. Just need a engine room now to fit everyone in..think basso may leave 

4 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

Think if you stay in championship bring back bomber, Vadim and Brennan as your big hitters. Piper deserves another shot along with complin. Just need a engine room now to fit everyone in..think basso may leave 

There's no way even under the 40 limit could fit Ben and bomber in and be competitive. I think Tom probably needs a new start too. Sadly I only see 2 or 3 of this side staying on. Be an interesting winter ahead. 

Ben should really be looking to bigger and better things. He did what he said he would when he came and got us a title, entitled to go to the big European leagues now without the stress of finding flights on Friday nights/ Saturday mornings 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Noelinho said:

If it's 36, we are really talking about a different league. That's not the Championship as we've known it.

It’s the NDL in everything but neme.

2 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

Simply can’t fit them in.