British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

42 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Which is exactly why Poole ride in the championship 

Hearing Poole about to throw their lot in with NORA. 

Ford jnr keen to "find a level we can win at again very quickly" 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Some reason I can't like posts but in hindsight really sensible. You might add couple hundred for a few weeks for the novelty but you'd end up the same roughly 1000 we get regularly I'd think. Glasgow isn't a wealthy city and for most of us speedway is a secondary sport. I can't say particularly enjoyed the Monday night experience last week so wouldn't fancy it every week either 

I've heard a lot of people say Monday/midweek is very bad for them. It doesn't make much difference to me, but it does seem to be a big deal to a lot of people.

I also have the issue with liking posts. It doesn't seem to work on Android, but is fine on my iPad. No idea why. It's been that way for a few weeks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I've heard a lot of people say Monday/midweek is very bad for them. It doesn't make much difference to me, but it does seem to be a big deal to a lot of people.

I also have the issue with liking posts. It doesn't seem to work on Android, but is fine on my iPad. No idea why. It's been that way for a few weeks.

Also got a problem reacting to posts for a couple of days now 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

I'm sure they will bounce back, don't you 

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Quite right.You can’t Con a real business man so easily.If Glasgow s operating in his budget why should he change,pay bigger wages for probably minimal increase in Attendance.

Glasgow have had numerous years to take the jump up to the Premiership, when conditions were more favourable to do so. Why would they take the jump now when its a complete shambles in the Premiership. Probably a case of the Premiership needing Glasgow rather than Glasgow needing the Premiership.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Edited by Gazc

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Some reason I can't like posts but in hindsight really sensible. You might add couple hundred for a few weeks for the novelty but you'd end up the same roughly 1000 we get regularly I'd think. Glasgow isn't a wealthy city and for most of us speedway is a secondary sport. I can't say particularly enjoyed the Monday night experience last week so wouldn't fancy it every week either 

I have no problem laughing at Shovlars posts if that’s any consolation.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, screm said:

Glasgow have had numerous years to take the jump up to the Premiership, when conditions were more favourable to do so. Why would they take the jump now when its a complete shambles in the Premiership. Probably a case of the Premiership needing Glasgow rather than Glasgow needing the Premiership.

If ( a very big if) Glasgow "moved up", their nearest rivals would be Belle Vue.  Whether it would be in their financial interest to do so is very doubtful. The Facenna's are very good business men and if it was a case of just chucking money away they would probably make the move, but, as it stands, I'm guessing that the CL is the place to be. 

I think it all boils down to their ambition and desire to see the biggest names possible at Ashfield. I expect they know that it wouldn't mean more punters, that Thursdays wouldn't work quite as well as Fridays and that they wouldn't have local derbies any more. But all that taken into account I'm sure they could make it work if the desire was there to do so.

If its not, then fair enough. 

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I'm unable to like posts aswell, maybe the Poole fans have complained about us enjoying Glasgow being the champions to much.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

100% agree, although Speedway is my number 1 sport. We stay 30 miles from Glasgow, I work in the city, but by crikey these last two weeks I've been knackered with the midweek racing and not getting home till 11. Loved it for the playoffs but would be a struggle week in week out.

Completely agree with the tai reference, speedway will hopefully grow in the city and when the times right they'll make the step up.

6 minutes ago, lewy said:

I'm unable to like posts aswell, maybe the Poole fans have complained about us enjoying Glasgow being the champions to much.

I'm a Poole fan and I can't like anything either, so that's blown that theory right out of the water :party:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I'm a Poole fan and I can't like anything either, so that's blown that theory right out of the water :party:

Poole fans don't like anything other than posts about how wonderful Poole is anyway :t:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

Just liked yours and am on an android phone. 

29 minutes ago, lewy said:

Poole fans don't like anything other than posts about how wonderful Poole is anyway :t:

Well it had to be said