British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Because at start of season he indicated would be his last in the championship so was left out of team building for next year. 

We'll that's a bit of a Billy Big Bollocks attitude if true. 

The likes of Ryan Douglas and Josh Pickering I can fully understand but Brennan is 2 to 3 seasons away from that consistency level at least, if ever. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HGould said:

The likes of Ryan Douglas and Josh Pickering I can fully understand but Brennan is 2 to 3 seasons away from that consistency level at least, if ever. 

I agree that Tom is at  least a year away from being consistent enough to give up championship

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

I agree that Tom is at  least a year away from being consistent enough to give up championship

I haven’t seen any mention of Brennan wanting to give up on the Championship, only that he’s not wanted by Glasgow …

21 minutes ago, KrisB said:

I haven’t seen any mention of Brennan wanting to give up on the Championship, only that he’s not wanted by Glasgow …

Glasgow website Peter facenna. "tom initially indicated he was unsure about continuing in the championship".

Given Glasgow would want their ducks in a row early presumably made plans without him. As Gaz said if was kept at 40 might have been back but most 3rd HLs this season I imagine be around 5/6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

I can't but suppose time will tell.

I don't think any rider should be criticised for not riding in our second division if that's what they feel is best for their development, shows a bit of ambition and a willingness to get out of their comfort zone. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Take it you know of all his riding plans for next season.Home and abroad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Why have Glasgow sacked off Tom Brennan? They didn’t let the Eastbourne grave go cold before they grabbed him in 2021. What’s he done wrong?

Absolutely nothing and will be in high demand,  maybe Glasgow definitely going Premiership and Brennen is already in someone's plans in that league?  Probably wrong, but can't imagine many reasons  to shed him at the moment. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Absolutely nothing and will be in high demand,  maybe Glasgow definitely going Premiership and Brennen is already in someone's plans in that league?  Probably wrong, but can't imagine many reasons  to shed him at the moment. 

Maybe Tom wanted a change of scenery, It’s all conjecture but wherever he ends up I wish him all the best.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Maybe Tom wanted a change of scenery, It’s all conjecture but wherever he ends up I wish him all the best.

Maybe, although he did say Glasgow contacted him and said he wasn't in their plans. Anyway sure he'll up his game again next year, wherever he goes.

19 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Peter Facenna has already stated that the plan is for Glasgow to remain in the Championship (Facebook/Podcast).

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Peter Facenna has already stated that the plan is for Glasgow to remain in the Championship (Facebook/Podcast).

Didn't see that, still seems an odd decision not to retain a Brit who's captain, led them to the title and still heading in the right direction, but as said a move away will probably move him up and on again.

I know I'm a bit biased with him,  having been an Eastie supporter and saw him come through as a wee lad who could only just stradle a bike, just a shame we didn't get the fruits of him and Jason Edwards, especially as Eastie generally retained riders, sometimes too loyal to them, but all in the past now....

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Think you are wrong

If Brennan doesn't start the season in a Champ side, through choice or otherwise, he'd find it very hard to come back later this year / next year as his average would then be his converted Prem ave (9.03).

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Didn't see that, still seems an odd decision not to retain a Brit who's captain, led them to the title and still heading in the right direction, but as said a move away will probably move him up and on again.

I know I'm a bit biased with him,  having been an Eastie supporter and saw him come through as a wee lad who could only just stradle a bike, just a shame we didn't get the fruits of him and Jason Edwards, especially as Eastie generally retained riders, sometimes too loyal to them, but all in the past now....

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/podcast/

• Like 1