British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

24 minutes ago, screm said:

Wonder if Glasgow would have an interest in Leon Flint.

Think he's going to Redcar 

57 minutes ago, screm said:

Wonder if Glasgow would have an interest in Leon Flint.

Not Leon's favourite track, as I think he'd admit. When consider he was about 2 points higher average than anyone else in the u21 final and he didn't make top 6. 

But that's how you improve by conquering these things and it's not a signing I'd be against if the Redcar rumour proves unfounded

don’t think the number 7 has to be a 2 pointer the  team will be built to 38 

• Like 1

I know glasgow have spoken to Leon flint but I'm not sure he has signed & ashfield is not his favourite track so will see on that , borke has been mentioned i hear on a 4 thats ok for that average as he likes our track, tho I heard a while ago kye Thomson was spoken to so not sure what's going on there , obviously tigers want harris back because of his heroics & entertainment value so that's a no brainer time will tell if he signs ,and lee is a great character good in pits etc connor is in frame because he's a glasgow asset , ace should get better & he's still on a low average..I think the league is sadly getting watered down now & tigers need to be careful ie charging ppl same or more money for a inferior product & if a any other teams go up our league will be very weak as Birmingham are going up , if Oxford or Poole or even both then glasgow need to act as there's more to speedway than going on about derbies with monarchs...we need to be in a competitive league 

11 minutes ago, mac101 said:

don’t think the number 7 has to be a 2 pointer the  team will be built to 38 

Which is a surprise if they are not having NL next year. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Which is a surprise if they are not having NL next year. 

I guess it's where you draw line. Ace is still an NDL level rider with I think about a sub 6 average. He has done well to add over point in the champ. Whereas you'll have boughen, Perry, Killeen, hodder, mcgurk who have higher ndl averages than ace but will come in on 2s. Whatever the decision imo ace has to class as the NDL/ RS or however going to word it

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I guess it's where you draw line. Ace is still an NDL level rider with I think about a sub 6 average. He has done well to add over point in the champ. Whereas you'll have boughen, Perry, Killeen, hodder, mcgurk who have higher ndl averages than ace but will come in on 2s. Whatever the decision imo ace has to class as the NDL/ RS or however going to word it

Okay, fair enough. I hadn't looked into Ace's NL average. Only one I looked at is Perry's and that is around 7.5. Also Ace has higher Champ average than Ablitt but Ablitt is over 8 in NL! 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 4:45 PM, MD said:

I can't but suppose time will tell.

On 10/18/2023 at 7:29 PM, RogerM22 said:

With you on that one, I'd not be surprised to see Pickering back at a similar level in due course.

Then again, good on him for giving it a go. I can't say I understand those crabbing Tom Brennan choosing to move up either - it's his career and his cross to bear if it goes south.

Didn't take long! 

https://watch.britishspeedway.co.uk/articles/championship-uturn-for-picko?fbclid=IwAR3FXrXWv-EIN4CjRQV3Ltsr4gARBDZBvKjxPh0tUxdDvO3YrUHdnSG33rg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Piper isn't a 2 pointer though. So I'd imagine Complin as second string, Piper and 2 pointer. Which would mean more points for HLs. 

Hence the otherwise it will be a long tail!

experience wise, he’s behind a lot of riders who will probably get an RS classification 

6 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

Can't remember the last genuinely good season he had. Obviously had an eye on this season during 2022, but he was far from the rider I'm sure Glasgow were expecting.

Signed on a 5, averaged 7. Not sure that can be seen as anything but a successful signing.

If brother Steve is leaving Poole would that be too high an average for a top 2 under this new limit? Only leaves about 21 points for your remaining 5 spots

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If brother Steve is leaving Poole would that be too high an average for a top 2 under this new limit? Only leaves about 21 points for your remaining 5 spots

That would be interesting with the " well behaved Worral" being on here lol

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Picko is just average rider in Poland a couple of poor matches and you’re out over there.Excuses are not accepted.Looks like he’s worked that one out.

Maybe it was a ploy all along to get a southern CL team closer to his home.

• Like 1