British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

They also said ben was a Poole asset in the article I read so doubted it's overall validity 

Yes, that made me chuckle. Just shows how much people take notice of assets. 

19 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

They also said ben was a Poole asset in the article I read so doubted it's overall validity 

Noticed that as well, however announcing a signing is a different scenario than not doing your homework on who holds a registration.

• Like 1

it will be the same old story it will be announced by others well  before glasgow do seems to be the norm with them 

Edited by davie10
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Noticed that as well, however announcing a signing is a different scenario than not doing your homework on who holds a registration.

Aye it's poor form I agree. Up there with thinking the jubilee final is a real competition lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, davie10 said:

it will be the same old story it will be announced by others well bes to before glasgow do seems to be the norm with them 

Sure they said they will announce the full 1-7 mid November after the AGM.

Only need to announce 2-7 now.

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Aye it's poor form I agree. Up there with thinking the jubilee final is a real competition lol

Think the remit to be a journalist now is if you can count to 3 and be able to breath.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Think the remit to be a journalist now is if you can count to 3 and be able to breath.

Modern journalism is copy and paste, they never think to question anything or that there may be an ulterior motive. Scotland is littered with them.

In this case the information about Harris isn't sourced so may in itself be inaccurate or it may be the authors personal opinion.

Edited by MD

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Did you mean breathe?:rofl:

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

This isn't a Poole thread, hypocrite. 

49 minutes ago, MD said:

Modern journalism is copy and paste, they never think to question anything or that there may be an ulterior motive. Scotland is littered with them.

In this case the information about Harris isn't sourced so may in itself be inaccurate or it may be the authors personal opinion.

I could be wrong (and apologies to Phil if so) but the article in the Peterborough paper is written by ‘Holeshot media’ who I think is Phil Lanning.

Given his experience and ties to the Tigers I’d be very surprised if he’s let slip something he shouldn’t have or wasn’t allowed to. 

3 minutes ago, lewy said:

This isn't a Poole thread, hypocrite. 

Yeah but Poole are mentioned quite a bit usually by non-Poole fans!:rolleyes:

Edited by Skidder1

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

My apologies Carol Vorderman.

• Haha 1

The article says Harris has already been named. That's incorrect. The won't be any announcements until sometime in November.

However, no one around Glasgow believes anything other than that Bomber is coming back. If the team and/or Bomber didn't intend for him to come back, I'm certain it would've been announced.

I'm interested to see who we end up with. My current guess from what people say would be: Bomber, Worrall, Bailey, Hume, Borke, Complin, Pijper.

Not my favourite 7, but they're all riders that others like and people seem to be interested in.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gazc said:

My apologies Carol Vorderman.

Sorry. Not a number in sight. But I prefer Rachel Riley.:t: