British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

26 minutes ago, davie10 said:
  • bull its very frustrating considering everyone bar glasgow knows the team  

What’s frustrating if you know ,or is it you think you know.Your not going to see them till next season anyway.

• Like 2

Leon Flint just been officially announced as signing number 2 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Paulco said:

51 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Good signing, would have been more than happy to see him sign for Worky

Solid signing from the Tigers & he will have to improve his Ashfield form… Cami’s quotes are legendary so best to not take it seriously.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

In Cami’s mind Flint is “of the hottest prospects in World Speedway”.Really. Good Publicity though.

Just as well nobody else has a mind like him.

12 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Just as well nobody else has a mind like him.

yup lets him get all the bus windows all to himself 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Fromafar said:

In Cami’s mind Flint is “of the hottest prospects in World Speedway”.Really. Good Publicity though.

He's good but he's certainly NOT one of the hottest prospects in world speedway. His averages over the last three seasons in the Championship (according to the speedway-stats website) are;

2021 7.05

2022 7.17

2023 6.93

This leads me to believe that he has stagnated a bit or maybe even reached his peak but who knows, perhaps he just needs a change of scene and riding for the Tigers and not being given the captain's armband might do him the world of good*

*Although i have to say that i've never been impressed with him around Ashfield in the past. 

Edited by Nickinho

25 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

He's good but he's certainly NOT one of the hottest prospects in world speedway. His averages over the last three seasons in the Championship (according to the speedway-stats website) are;

2021 7.05

2022 7.17

2023 6.93

This leads me to believe that he has stagnated a bit or maybe even reached his peak but who knows, perhaps he just needs a change of scene and riding for the Tigers and not being given the captain's armband might do him the world of good*

*Although i have to say that i've never been impressed with him around Ashfield in the past. 

He could be doing a Tony Rickardsson and riding for a club at a track he hasn't gone well at to improve as a rider? 

50 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

2021 7.05

2022 7.17

2023 6.93

Think he needed a change.

• Like 1

Leon is a big lad. He's fit and he does all he can I'm sure but he has a big physique. 

In an age where the higher up the rider scale you go weight by the gram is like gold and every bit off is an advantage, he starts at a disadvantage. 

He has to find the balance between optimum strength and weight. 

I know Team GB work very hard on this based on a number of articles about sports science and nutrition. 

• Like 1

Taking away bonus points, the averages are:

2021: 6.40

2022: 6.83

2023: 6.42

He spent time at reserve in 2021 though. He's got a decent average riding at 4, and I'm guessing he'll be riding at 3 next season, which is probably equivalent.

I'd still rather have Claus back though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

Taking away bonus points, the averages are:

2021: 6.40

2022: 6.83

2023: 6.42

He spent time at reserve in 2021 though. He's got a decent average riding at 4, and I'm guessing he'll be riding at 3 next season, which is probably equivalent.

I'd still rather have Claus back though.

Yes, I'd have rather had Claus back....his home average was 8.00 and away average 7.07 and that was paired with Ben Basso.  Rolling average 6.24

Leon rolling average is 6.40.......home average for Berwick, 7.35 and away 5.37.

• Like 1

Happy with Leon , his Ashfield form or lack off  is based as an away rider against a then strong Tigers home team.

I can understand some wanting Claus over Leon but I think there is more scope for improvement in Leon than there is with Claus.

Riding Glasgow as a home rider is much easier than a visiting one.

• Like 4