British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

Now that Steve has got himself worked up by a poster posting, I would seriously doubt that will be our team but with a 38-point limit, all teams will look weak on paper.

We will just have to get used to it.

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You are happy with that team? Seriously no one can be happy with that! lol! It’s a shocking team if correct. 
Glasgow 2024.

IMG_1980.jpeg

His prerogative.

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not convinced by the wisdom of going with such a powerful top two but the other five can all improve their averages IMO, even Complin. 

But didn't we say this about Oxford this season though and they were top for most of it. Need other teams to compare it to.

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not convinced by the wisdom of going with such a powerful top two but the other five can all improve their averages IMO, even Complin. 

All 7 would barring Pearson maybe if in main body. Get Starkey on some good machinery easily add a point, worrall is an 8.5/9 man in this reduced league imo, bombers got far less top riders to bother him should add about half a point. Lee and ace should be looking towards 5s imo and Leon change of scenery might kick him on to genuine heat leader. 

Hard to judge until we know all the teams.. myself I wouldn't have taken up nearly 24 points for the top 3 but what will be will be

8 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Harris

stevie worrall

leon flint

Starke

complin

James pearson

ace Pijper 

that’s my guess 

Tough to know what to make of that team, yes it looks weak, but all teams will probably end up looking weak. 

I will point out that Brennan & Vissing could've fitted in that team as heat leaders, so while many blame the points limit for Glasgow dropping so many riders, the truth is they dropped more than they needed to.

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

All 7 would barring Pearson maybe if in main body. Get Starkey on some good machinery easily add a point, worrall is an 8.5/9 man in this reduced league imo, bombers got far less top riders to bother him should add about half a point. Lee and ace should be looking towards 5s imo and Leon change of scenery might kick him on to genuine heat leader. 

Hard to judge until we know all the teams.. myself I wouldn't have taken up nearly 24 points for the top 3 but what will be will be

If Ace could take the bulk Lee needs to lose, the two would both be set fair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

How many years do you need to get Starkey on good machinery.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Didn't have many issues as I remember in his first spell. If hadn't broken his wrists in British final think would've won league that season

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Ace looking to get a 5 are u serious ... I'll have some of what ur smoking 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Barabas said:

Ace looking to get a 5 are u serious ... I'll have some of what ur smoking 

Never said that,what you smoking.!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Noelinho said:

If Ace could take the bulk Lee needs to lose, the two would both be set fair.

Complin could do himself a massive favour this winter by going in a keto diet. He would shift the weight no problem, if he wanted to. Be a far better rider next year by doing so.

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Tough to know what to make of that team, yes it looks weak, but all teams will probably end up looking weak. 

I will point out that Brennan & Vissing could've fitted in that team as heat leaders, so while many blame the points limit for Glasgow dropping so many riders, the truth is they dropped more than they needed to.

It’s probably down to finances. Glasgow 2023 cost an absolute fortune and with not very large crowds probably cost Faccena a small fortune. Bringing in Tarasenko would have cost an arm and a leg and perhaps now Faccena has won a title he is going to cut his cloth to fit the clubs income. That 2024 team would cost way less than 2023.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s probably down to finances. Glasgow 2023 cost an absolute fortune and with not very large crowds probably cost Faccena a small fortune. Bringing in Tarasenko would have cost an arm and a leg and perhaps now Faccena has won a title he is going to cut his cloth to fit the clubs income. That 2024 team would cost way less than 2023.

Expert on Glasgow finances now.What next.!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Just got to look at back issues of speedway star after the season has finished, several times it said Glasgow s "success" has cost a small fortune, even quoted after Poole threw the title away that the owners had invested over £3 million since taking over the club, yes Glasgow are still running but probably at a high cost to the owners every year.

Edited by Neila
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Thankfully for us he knows absolutely nothing and I mean nothing.

• Like 2