British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

9 hours ago, Marksman said:

Not quite, probably just the 1 french rider. On the longtrack theme though, believe the ex Comet who is Danish is a longtrack rider. Finished with a medal this season.

Is it really a french revolution when one french rider is coming lol!

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Ben Fund meeting being hosted at Northside. Sat 16th March

Ffs anyone want a cheap holiday to mexico:t:,didnt expect that early start but its a feather in the cap for the bosses.

38 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Is it really a french revolution when one french rider is coming lol!

Could be a Swedish revolution or Danish.....

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Ffs anyone want a cheap holiday to mexico:t:,didnt expect that early start but its a feather in the cap for the bosses.

Told you Ben fund meeting was coming,  and always at the start of the season,  wonder who Dan's friends are ?

16 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Annti Vuolas. A 24yo Finish rider apparently riding UK next year,  Workington ?  Edinburgh ?

That might generate a bit of interest then !

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

Annti Vuolas. A 24yo Finish rider apparently riding UK next year,  Workington ?  Edinburgh ?

Is he the one who won a race in the world cup? Looked very stylish.

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Is he the one who won a race in the world cup? Looked very stylish.

Yeah. That the one

Edited by Heedthebaw

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

As I recall - Edinburgh have had two really good Finnish riders, at least since the Powderhall days.  Vesa Ylinen and Kalle Katajisto both exciting to watch with completely different styles.  If this young man is anything like the latter two he would be very entertaining.

4 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

As I recall - Edinburgh have had two really good Finnish riders, at least since the Powderhall days.  Vesa Ylinen and Kalle Katajisto both exciting to watch with completely different styles.  If this young man is anything like the latter two he would be very entertaining.

Don't know why but I'd convinced myself kaj laukkanen rode for Edinburgh at one stage but I'm wrong. Some reason got image of him in a monarchs race jacket. Must've been Scottish open or guest appearance

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Don't know why but I'd convinced myself kaj laukkanen rode for Edinburgh at one stage but I'm wrong. Some reason got image of him in a monarchs race jacket. Must've been Scottish open or guest appearance

No, you're right.   Came into team late one year.  Alongside George Stancl, I think?

4 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

No, you're right.   Came into team late one year.  Alongside George Stancl, I think?

Correct, it was 2007, Katajisto also came into the team at the same time, although he was very young and inexperienced at that point.