British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

Happy that the Comets are back where they belong, great start to the team building  but more importantly many thanks to Andrew. Steve and the rest of the promotional team for bringing back Speedway to West Cumbria. Never thought I would see the Comets back where they belong. Whatever team we put out it’s now down to us the Comets fans to support the promotion and the club in 2024

Give us a C

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Not with that star 4 point signing you've just announced !!! Not been anywhere near British speedway since 2019 snd now 29 years old, info on your own Poole page 

He rides with your new boy Tate in the same team in Denmark. How do they compare?

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Can't see anything other than like for like changes next season. After first set of a averages given built to 38 should all go up towards 40 if not higher, dropping 2 riders to get down 38 again be bit pointless. I guess you might hope to get this Dane up to a 5 then can skud him out for a 5 point Dane/ Aussie 

Yeah, but didn't they change the transfer window to make it shorter? Or was that for the Prem? 

9 hours ago, stemoc said:

Happy that the Comets are back where they belong, great start to the team building  but more importantly many thanks to Andrew. Steve and the rest of the promotional team for bringing back Speedway to West Cumbria. Never thought I would see the Comets back where they belong. Whatever team we put out it’s now down to us the Comets fans to support the promotion and the club in 2024

Give us a C

3 brilliant signings so far and the best race track for them, we’re going to see some superb racing in 2024!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They're experts don't you know ;):D

do i detect a bit of bitterness? better signing and a better track

• Like 1

after weeks of no news they are coming fast now 

looking forward to the new season and to see what the next level of racing brings 

yes there will be faster riders and track record will be lowered byt will the racing be as good ???

higher level does not  always bring better racing as we found out last year some real good entertaining meetings 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, therefused said:

do i detect a bit of bitterness? better signing and a better track

They were talking about Poole making changes not Workington ironically. That is what I was replying to. 

Fair play Workington certainly going for it. Young hungry riders. Cook at the top helping the younger lads . 

And another assetfor the club which could be important for the future 

Who holds Sam's contract 

Not sure how it works now but junior or old national league contrCts never passed over to higher leagues 

10 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Antti Vuolas signing number 4

If performs like had in the polish u24 league then will be an absolute cracking signing a rider I personally wish we at Edinburgh had went for.

• Like 1

WHAT A SIGNING THAT IS BTW 

building a very handy side 

Start of a very decent side being assembled imo, if you could add someone like Erik Riss at 5 then you’d potentially have a really good entertaining side.