British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

Good signing for Worky, brilliant signing for British Speedway! :t:

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Hats off and respect to Workington. 

Building a cosmopolitan and entertaining team. 

Celina could gain massive Main Stream Media interest. 

100% clear though she is worth a place on merit. To be fair she is half a lap better than any current British girl 

Let’s turn that into a positive though. This gives the female riders in this country something to aspire to as gaining a team place in the championship is now on the cards. 

40 minutes ago, stemoc said:

As I understand it I think Katie will also be Redcar’s  official no 8 for 2024 

No8 for the nl league side

Great call...

A "decent rider" from what I have read of her scores and performances, but, far more importantly, what a story to tell...

Plenty of column inches locally I would suggest in the local media and maybe even local TV interest....

Outstanding work from the Comets leadership team...

• Like 2

Well done to the Comets, putting a very interesting team together and the introduction of a female rider into the league will give the team (and the sport in general) a publicity boost.

Wow, this lass could add some nerves to the opposition. Nothing to lose for the Workington promotion. Equality and diversity at its finest. Looks like Cluff got bombed off for Celina. Can Claus and Riss fit in now? 

7 minutes ago, Bunters said:

Can Claus and Riss fit in now? 

If so that will be some side for the return of the comets, but maybe too many foreigners in the side could be expensive for traveling 

16 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

i hope we have some real good sponsors

Mr Denham/Thomas Armstrong have sold/selling a lot of their concrete businesses,  wonder if he will put some money into the comets ?

Clever move, the club seem to be one step ahead of most in trying to improve the club and sport as a whole,  almost a indirect push for others to push themselves forward out of the dark ages.

Decent signing, should be able to reach her assessed 4.00 average, plus should generate loads of publicity.

I do wonder how they came up with a 4.00 assessed ave though, seems to have similar foreign experience to 5.00 assessed riders?

Crash helmet on here.

Great bit of publicity but don’t think she’ll even average her assessed average. Only average over a point a meeting in the polish U24 league.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

She is yeah, just assumed before that article was posted she would be 5 with riding in U24 Ekstraliga.

Leaves 13.48 for last 2 riders.

The bonus with signing assessed riders is that they can’t dip below that figure.

So you won’t get a situation we were in last year with Harry McGurk and Crang where they can’t be replaced.

Not that I think any of the 3 assessed riders will fail

Assessed riders can drop below their averages, Vuolas & Zischke could drop from 5 to 4 (I don't think they will).

Workington could have replace both H.McGurk & Crang, but we're loyal to them when they had high averages, then once their aves had dropped wasn't worth replacing them anymore.

• Thanks 1