British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

I believe there is some financial benefits to having a female in the team in the form of grants and funding,not sure how or how much someone just mentioned in a conversation. I'm sure somebody will enlighten or correct me.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

It's precisely BECAUSE she is a girl/woman that the Comets have signed her. Be honest with yourself, would they have signed a rider on a 4.00 who struggles to get a point in the continent if they were male? Her signing is just pure tokenism, a gimmick. And giving her "the boot" if she fails to make any kind of impact will look even worse for Workington after they've made such a big deal of her signing. If she fails Workington are stuck with her.

Take it you have not watched the you tube link, where she beats drew kemp 

• Like 1

I've seen lots of YouTube videos of young footballing prospects who all look like Pele but who in reality are pants. I saw her around Armadale in real life and she failed to convince me of her being worthy of a place in a Championship team. I'm trying to imagine her in a heat at Ashfield against Harris and Complin and if there's first bend bunching I'm covering my eyes.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Neila said:

yes , have ... only needs to grab a few points off the 2nn or 3rd placed riders . passed drew kemp twice .great stuff .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I've seen lots of YouTube videos of young footballing prospects who all look like Pele but who in reality are pants. I saw her around Armadale in real life and she failed to convince me of her being worthy of a place in a Championship team. I'm trying to imagine her in a heat at Ashfield against Harris and Complin and if there's first bend bunching I'm covering my eyes.

are they 2 of you 2024 reserves .

• Haha 1

Just now, j2ohh said:

are they 2 of you 2024 reserves .

One is but she won't just be facing the reserves all evening. Do you ever buy a program?

18 minutes ago, Neila said:

Any links to any of her many other wins..? 

no , hardly ever .its all inside the big box upstairs lol

2 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Any links to any of her many other wins..? 

dont be daft , its just a larf , but oh so true in real life .

33 minutes ago, Neila said:

What about the heat when she was stone last in a race that included MAX DILGER?? HAHAHA

• Like 1

Nobody knows how good or bad she will be and I'm sure a considerable part of her signing is for the publicity/exposure but let's at least give her a chance to show us what she can or can't do.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

Complin wont get there at the same time to busy eating mince pies… think she will average more than both Glasgow reserves 

• Haha 1

You've seen her at Armadale but have you seen her at a proper speedway track?

• Haha 2

She'll not be the worst rider to go around Armadale in recent times though :D

6 hours ago, j2ohh said:

was that drew kemp our new team member just passed from the back , TWICE lol ..

supposed to be one of the uk finest prospects

so can anyone give the race times for riders who came 2nd and 3rd please

i was at this meeting (you'll see me jogging across the track at the start of the video) and you have to take into account the number of laps Celina has done around there compared to others