British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

Like a few on here got reservations about our last signing,  yes a big name (was) but probably an expensive signing living on the big name, but several under performances last year leave a lot to be desired,  like his show at the pairs !!! Hope troy proves me wrong, I will be supporting home and away whatever team we have UTC

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Marksman said:

No idea, doesn't seem to be any real criteria set in the rulebook other than

True suppose if you don’t ask you won’t know.

1 hour ago, Neila said:

But Compton was a hard rider, not out and out dirty/reckless rider

You have to be joking surely!

as much as he was great to watch , he was absolutely a dirty and reckless rider. Ask Dave Mullet and Craig Watson for a start! And Simon Stead !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Think Auty will be the last signing on an injury reducted average to fit under the 6.32 left, we will see.

Hopefully they'll announce the final rider in the next few days.

Now why am I beginning to think, that you actually do KNOW for sure, who our last signing is ? Hmm ?

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tate should be the rider everyone should be watching in that team

don't underestimate Vuolas, he's looked good each time i've seen him

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Personally not a fan of Batch for all the reasons mentioned on here, this was reinforced when he disrespected the paying public at the Championship Pairs last season not trying and pulling wheelies at the back. On the plus side he has great pedigree, experience and as a fellow Aussie he can hopefully help mentor young Tate.

Spot on, to sign a rider with this attitude is madness

• Like 1

Just looking at Workingtons team and wondering are they sponsored by Ladbrokes or William Hill as it looks like a massive gamble there taking in there inaugural season back in the Championship  . 
As a speedway fan I really hope it works out for them but I can see a few team changes during the season .Good luck Comets on your return.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Just looking at Workingtons team and wondering are they sponsored by Ladbrokes or William Hill as it looks like a massive gamble there taking in there inaugural season back in the Championship  . 
As a speedway fan I really hope it works out for them but I can see a few team changes during the season .Good luck Comets on your return.

You can't win if you don't gamble.  They obviously think it will work (otherwise, why bother?). All we can do is wait and see how it all pans out.  As I've said before, I wish them all the very best for the coming season (see where I was born!  When Newcastle were running, Workington became my "second" team!)

• Like 2

Can see. a slow progression in stadium facilities and team structure , Rome was not built in a day , if we can win home meetings be entertaining to watch then that is the main thing.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Can see. a slow progression in stadium facilities and team structure , Rome was not built in a day , if we can win home meetings be entertaining to watch then that is the main thing.

And Bachelor's name will resonate more with the "old teams'" followers than someone they may never have heard of..

They can advertise him a an "ex GP rider, who has been twice on the rostrom, Twice World Cup Silver medalist, and a former Elite League and Australian Champion". which can only help get some interest..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Now why am I beginning to think, that you actually do KNOW for sure, who our last signing is ? Hmm ?

I don't KNOW anything, infact Auty just annnounced his retirement! - https://britishspeedway.co.uk/miscellaneous/auty-calls-it-a-day/

Quite a few people on here had mentioned he was coming back so i'm surprised he's now officially retired

14 hours ago, Marksman said:

Think Auty will be the last signing on an injury reducted average to fit under the 6.32 left, we will see.

Hopefully they'll announce the final rider in the next few days.

[Narrator] Josh Auty announced his retirement hours later.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I don't KNOW anything, infact Auty just annnounced his retirement! - https://britishspeedway.co.uk/miscellaneous/auty-calls-it-a-day/

Quite a few people on here had mentioned he was coming back so i'm surprised he's now officially retired

I don't think I read a single comment saying he was coming back, just people suggesting he'd be an option for the team.

Gotta go for Vissing imo

• Like 2

Josh Auty must be a tough lad, he was often in the wars but walked away from some of the nastiest incidents I’ve personally seen. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Josh Auty must be a tough lad, he was often in the wars but walked away from some of the nastiest incidents I’ve personally seen. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

Never really lived up to the hype and potential that was talked about early in his career.Best wishes in retirement. 

• Like 3