British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

50 minutes ago, therefused said:

its not just what he reckons, 177 posts and all of them garbage. 

Rescheduled for Sunday 24th but cancelled again!! NOT GARBAGE!!

Well I was really excited to head to Workington for the first time within the next few weeks, but I've lost all enthusiasm now. Delay after delay after delay and now just constant bickering on here... Whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Well I was really excited to head to Workington for the first time within the next few weeks, but I've lost all enthusiasm now. Delay after delay after delay and now just constant bickering on here... Whatever.

Bit of an overreaction don’t you think?

The weather has been atrocious all week up here so correct call to PP the meeting. As for next week being off too, I’m sure you’d soon complain if it went ahead with a field nowhere near as attractive as was planned?

No pleasing some folk.

As for the bickering, it’s a forum, people can write what they want, whether you agree/disagree, like or don’t like, is on you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Just mute the troublemakers.

As for losing enthusiasm for the speedway, you’ll soon get it back when you go to Northside (I forget the new name!) and see it. 

8 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

As for losing enthusiasm for the speedway, you’ll soon get it back when you go to Northside (I forget the new name!) and see it. 

Northside GT tyres arena  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Bit of an overreaction don’t you think?

The weather has been atrocious all week up here so correct call to PP the meeting. As for next week being off too, I’m sure you’d soon complain if it went ahead with a field nowhere near as attractive as was planned?

No pleasing some folk.

As for the bickering, it’s a forum, people can write what they want, whether you agree/disagree, like or don’t like, is on you.

I have no issues with the Ben Fund meetings being postponed, I had no plans to go to the Ben fund, it's still hockey season and that takes priority for me. But the meeting on 31st, I was 100% going to attend. It's the delay in announcing the last rider that's getting boring now. I'm not even a Workington fan and the radio silence is deafening.

I don't care if 16 amateurs race or 16 of the worlds best race, if the racing is close then it's a good night out. If it's Freddie Lindgren vs wobbler 2 and wobbler 3 I'm not interested. If I wanted to watch riders riding alone I'd go to a practice session.

Bicker about important stuff, but when it gets personal and people are bickering about quite literally nothing, or getting at eachother's throats, it turns the whole forum into a sack of rubbishe, which is a shame because it's the best place to get news in speedway...

7 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I hope Northside is as good as people make it out to be. I'm sure I'll be along at some point during the season when I find my interest again. Few meetings at Redcar, the best track in the country, should do it... :t:

• Like 2

Redcar could be the 2nd best track in the country, after northside,   I am tching to see the better riders go round northside , should be some fantastic racing, saw a couple of top guys practicing thr other week, and it looked great :t:

9 hours ago, Neila said:

Redcar could be the 2nd best track in the country, after northside,   I am tching to see the better riders go round northside , should be some fantastic racing, saw a couple of top guys practicing thr other week, and it looked great :t:

In England ;-)

5 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

In England ;-)

It's great we can have this debate, you can make a strong argument for Glasgow, Scunny and Belle Vue as well as Redcar and Worky in terms of the best track in Britain, we have some great speedway tracks here as well as some ordinary ones and some that could and should be better than they are. 

It's Belle Vue for me personally but the others mentioned are all extremely good and very close behind.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

It's the delay in announcing the last rider that's getting boring now. I'm not even a Workington fan and the radio silence is deafening.

What do you want them to do?  If they haven't signed anyone, they haven't signed anyone.  The rider has to be right for Workington, that's financially (I guess that's the main one), points wise, availability and the right "fit" for the team.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It's great we can have this debate, you can make a strong argument for Glasgow, Scunny and Belle Vue as well as Redcar and Worky in terms of the best track in Britain, we have some great speedway tracks here as well as some ordinary ones and some that could and should be better than they are. 

It's Belle Vue for me personally but the others mentioned are all extremely good and very close behind.

I'd agree those are the 5 top candidates (and add Peterborough for last season), sadly the nearest to me is a nine hour round trip (allowing for delays, diversions and a break).

Personally my vote goes to Redcar but it certainly isn't clear cut.

15 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I have no issues with the Ben Fund meetings being postponed, I had no plans to go to the Ben fund, it's still hockey season and that takes priority for me. But the meeting on 31st, I was 100% going to attend. It's the delay in announcing the last rider that's getting boring now. I'm not even a Workington fan and the radio silence is deafening.

I don't care if 16 amateurs race or 16 of the worlds best race, if the racing is close then it's a good night out. If it's Freddie Lindgren vs wobbler 2 and wobbler 3 I'm not interested. If I wanted to watch riders riding alone I'd go to a practice session.

Bicker about important stuff, but when it gets personal and people are bickering about quite literally nothing, or getting at eachother's throats, it turns the whole forum into a sack of rubbishe, which is a shame because it's the best place to get news in speedway...

I hope Northside is as good as people make it out to be. I'm sure I'll be along at some point during the season when I find my interest again. Few meetings at Redcar, the best track in the country, should do it... :t:

Is it the warriors you go to watch?Only 1 home match left tomorrow night unless you go to Billingham away or the play offs.

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

What do you want them to do?  If they haven't signed anyone, they haven't signed anyone.  The rider has to be right for Workington, that's financially (I guess that's the main one), points wise, availability and the right "fit" for the team.

Or they could have had someone signed up for weeks and just like the publicity it’s bringing them. A lot of people seem to be talking about it.

I find it quite amusing how much it’s rattling people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1