British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

After all that, a pleasant surprise, and the best signing Workington could have made.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

After all that, a pleasant surprise, and the best signing Workington could have made.

Dimitri berge would of been better lol

• Like 1

He’ll do a job especially at home. Struggled a bit away last season but should easily ride to his average 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DW said:

He’ll do a job especially at home. Struggled a bit away last season but should easily ride to his average 

His away average was a point higher than what he’s been signed on, so he’ll be fine. He’s the best value rider on the league, on a rolling average/2023 average basis.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

Dimitri berge would of been better lol

Don’t you be winding them up even more haha

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2024 at 7:43 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Vissing still holding out for about £100 a point and Workington not prepared to pay it. Who blinks first?

Not sure who blinked first but this was two months ago. 

Think Claus is just the rider this team needs, should score well at home on a track that will suit his style of riding,  he is not afraid to assert himself on track and is a personable guy who will be a good team man. All in all from the available options I'm more than happy. Well done the promotion and a big welcome back to Claus.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, scaramanga said:

wonder if anyone gave in claus agreed less than he wanted  or comets paid more than they wanted 

either way it might just be a decent team 

craig and troy are the  2 who realy need to prove anything 

It looks an expensive Team .IMO. But that is only my opinion,it does look a decent Team on paper but on the the tracks is what matters.

48 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It looks an expensive Team .IMO. But that is only my opinion,it does look a decent Team on paper but on the the tracks is what matters.

From what I gather the promotion had to work too, the deal was only done recently   so I think yhe budget could still be in place imo

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Neila said:

From what I gather the promotion had to work too, the deal was only done recently   so I think yhe budget could still be in place imo

They all say that though.

Edited by Fromafar

Clearly wasn’t keen on signing and has pushed for more money, that was the obvious signing in December and it’s taken until March. Might not be good for team spirit, if he’s on more money than he’s worth, and/or isn’t bothered about riding for the team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They all say that though.

Well like in most deals, I expect a bit of give and take on both sides. Glasgow didnt seem to have any issues getting him previously but Vissing probably thought he had the upper hand.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well like in most deals, I expect a bit of give and take on both sides. Glasgow didnt seem to have any issues getting him previously but Vissing probably thought he had the upper hand.

I’ll bet he still has.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Clearly wasn’t keen on signing and has pushed for more money, that was the obvious signing in December and it’s taken until March. Might not be good for team spirit, if he’s on more money than he’s worth, and/or isn’t bothered about riding for the team.

Claus gives it everything on the track.IMO.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Seems to be a lot of individuals. So be interesting to see how they get on especially with team riding. Hopefully Darcy has emphasised it to Tate as he was always really good at that from a young age. 

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1