British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

2 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Claus should have a good opening weekend riding at Number 2, strong rider to have in that position.

James said the line-up for Fri/Saturday will be;

1. Cookie

2. Vissing

3. Antti

4. Tate

5. Batchelor

6. Sam

7. Celina

And then might change for the Home fixture on Sunday.

If that`s the line up its very weak at 3 and 4 as you have two riders brand new the the league, much better to having Vissing in one of those numbers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, screm said:

If that`s the line up its very weak at 3 and 4 as you have two riders brand new the the league, much better to having Vissing in one of those numbers.

i agree on splitting the 2 new riders but until we see them in race mode we dont know if its weak or not 

both  looked tidy enough on saturday

7 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Claus should have a good opening weekend riding at Number 2, strong rider to have in that position.

James said the line-up for Fri/Saturday will be;

1. Cookie

2. Vissing

3. Antti

4. Tate

5. Batchelor

6. Sam

7. Celina

And then might change for the Home fixture on Sunday.

"Interesting" that they've put Celina L at number 7.  Sam might struggle at 6 against the "better" reserves, but we'll see.  Fascinating season ahead across on the West coast.  Hope I can get across there at some point during the season.

16 minutes ago, screm said:

The logic is they can't really go to Berwick having not even seen the track and where the racing line is and go out in Heat 1. Gives them 2 heats to visually get an idea

They will both be fine, think they would both far outscore the likes of Kemp and Etheridge at Northside

37 minutes ago, screm said:

Can't say it's very weak at 3 & 4 till you see them ride. Normally I'd agree & put Vissing at 3, but as someone said - let's them see the track before their first outing. If it doesn't work, can change the riding order for the official matches.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, screm said:

That was the concensus of opinion in our group when it was announced, we shall see. It was more about not having two newbies to British Speedway in together.

Edited by SteelShoe

32 minutes ago, StevePark said:

"Interesting" that they've put Celina L at number 7.  Sam might struggle at 6 against the "better" reserves, but we'll see.  Fascinating season ahead across on the West coast.  Hope I can get across there at some point during the season.

Unless they swap the reserves round, can only see Sam struggling after heat 2 against the 1/2 & 3/4 pairings, especially against Berwick.

I'd rather see the two 2.00 reserves racing at 7 & meeting each other 3 times, better for their development.

If I was Berwick, I'd now counter this by putting Borke at 7.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StevePark said:

im expecting sam to struggle  at first then improve exactly like he did last year 

54 minutes ago, screm said:

Not too bothered going to be an entertaining team, hopefully winning at home and gradually getting better away, some tough away fixtures this season .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

After heat 2 it's irrelevant what number the reserves are at as they get swapped around more than a Kate Middleton photo

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Both the newcomers at 3+4 will imo surprise a lot of people,  both looked good at practice   and tate was never off his bike, seems to love being on a bike and a natural,  a bit like a certain cumbrian GP star !! Time will tell let's enjoy this journey UTC 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, screm said:

i agree  with splitting them up . viss @ 4 would be better  v. (internet dog ruff ATM )

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

After heat 2 it's irrelevant what number the reserves are at as they get swapped around more than a Kate Middleton photo

While it's officially "irrelevant" as riders can get swapped round. It doesn't happen that often when the weaker rider is "sacrificed" at number 6. Even if McGurk beats Hodder in heat 2, a couple of last places against Berwick's strong top 5 pairings,.could make it hard for him to get his 4th ride.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sam may surprise me. I expected the weaker Dan T to struggle at 6 (Joe T at 7) on his first season, but he exceeded everyone's expectations. Same situation with Edwards at 6 (stronger Jenkins at 7) Edwards really improved.

I really would prefer the Champ (& NL) to have the same number 7 rule as the Prem, better for British riders development.

Edited by szkocjasid

Tate Zischke couldn't look any more Australian if he tried  :D