British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

15 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I reckon Craig will be fine this season. He looked decent to me, probably just needs a few more meetings to really settle in. But I don’t think many people will be questioning his signing come the end of the season.

Hope so…..has the ability to be a consistent class act on a bike and is a joy to watch when on song. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

From memory riders with assessed averages can't guest, but I assume guests are allowed to replace them?

If so options to replace Vuolas at Glasgow - Dan Thompson or Danyon Hume. Home to Redcar isn't so easy to find a good replacement maybe James Pearson or r/r.

Then he should be fit for the Scunthorpe away match.

Edited by szkocjasid

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

From memory riders with assessed averages can't guest, but I assume guests are allowed to replace them?

If so options to replace Vuolas at Glasgow - Dan Thompson or Danyon Hume. Home to Redcar isn't so easy to find a good replacement maybe James Pearson or r/r.

Then he should be fit for the Scunthorpe away match.

Yeah I’ve been having a look too and not really a lot to chose from. Dan Thompson has started the season well so I’d probably take him. 

For the home meeting, who would be eligible for a ride on r/r? All confusing with 2 on the same assessed average

43 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Yeah I’ve been having a look too and not really a lot to chose from. Dan Thompson has started the season well so I’d probably take him. 

For the home meeting, who would be eligible for a ride on r/r? All confusing with 2 on the same assessed average

With 2 riders on the same average, one has to be nominated as the higher one, so looks like tate is rated higher, that's why antti took the IRR at Redcar, and tate vould not take a ride today

Normally it's 1 ride from rider above and rest below 

But not sure if its same for a assessed average rider 

After today if we could guarantee Sam and celina on same form I'd give rides to them 

But it's a very hard call 

Think I'd go with Dan Thompson at Glasgow 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Id be more tempted to use r/r at Glasgow if vuolas was nominated as the senior rider on 5. Claus will get a ride and he flies round ashfield and I doubt Tate take long to get to grips with the place. Those 2 rides alone would score more than Dan T based on previous visits to ashfield imo. Taking a gamble his upturn in form translated to tracks not been great at before. 

However if not the senior the guest makes more sense 

Edited by Jaizer

Workington have nominated 

Tate as 4th in the averages and Antti 5th so if they used R/R for Antti only Tate, Sam and Celina could take rides (1 above and rest below)

As they used the IRR rule (this only allows riders below) today only the reserves could take a ride.

Cook is flying at the minute really in the groove at Northside also heard he has signed for Oxford in the premiership which will benifit him having regular racing.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Workington have nominated 

Tate as 4th in the averages and Antti 5th so if they used R/R for Antti only Tate, Sam and Celina could take rides (1 above and rest below)

As they used the IRR rule (this only allows riders below) today only the reserves could take a ride.

Can the team not be re-declared ahead of the new May averages I wonder?

i.e Antti gets nominated as the senior 5 point rider. Who knows!

Edited by Marksman

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

Can the team not be re-declared ahead of the new May averages I wonder?

i.e Antti gets nominated as the senior 5 point rider. Who knows!

Wouldn't of thought so but this is speedway. Anything can happen

If using r/r at home, move it to number 2 so reserves are out with Cook 3 times & Tate goes in heat 8. But think I'd go with James Pearson if available.

33 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If using r/r at home, move it to number 2 so reserves are out with Cook 3 times & Tate goes in heat 8. But think I'd go with James Pearson if available.

Not sure he's available on Friday :D

He might be for the KO Cup second leg the next day though.

55 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

20 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I was talking about the KOC match at home r/r at 2 or Pearson.

21 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

You'll need all the riders you've got, seen as ace and complin will be out, just a shame antti is out, as I think the tiggers could be beaten :o