British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

Posted (edited)

Losing Antti for the KOC meeting is a big blow to the chances of overturning the 13 point deficit. It's a tricky one because I also believe we may need a guest for Celina who could be riding in a European Qualifier of some sort. If we could get a decent guest such as Ashton Boughen for Celina then it is a hard call between r/r at 2 or guest such as Dan T/James Pearson.

Edited by SteelShoe

Won't be boughen guesting for celina next Saturday.he will be racing for oxford that night against Plymouth.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Won't be boughen guesting for celina next Saturday.he will be racing for oxford that night against Plymouth.

just seen that, unfortunate as not Plymouths usual race night. 6 teams in action that night cuts options right down. probably only really  Paul Starke for Celina and James Pearson for Antti if we don't use r/r.

4 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

just seen that, unfortunate as not Plymouths usual race night. 6 teams in action that night cuts options right down. probably only really  Paul Starke for Celina and James Pearson for Antti if we don't use r/r.

Saturday is Plymouth’s race night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lewy said:

Saturday is Plymouth’s race night.

okay I'll sign off lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Neila said:

You'll need all the riders you've got, seen as ace and complin will be out, just a shame antti is out, as I think the tiggers could be beaten :o

I know Ace is out for Wednesday, didn't realise he's out for Friday too. That leaves us with very few options. I think it might just be Freddy Hodder from Championship teams.

But yes, we are very beatable, not that Oxford managed it, somehow! Claus should wipe the floor with our 3/4 and no reason to believe Tate will struggle. I think Claus will be the difference.

Posted (edited)

James has said Paul Starke is guesting for the Comets on Saturday vs Redcar

Edited by Marksman

I think the only real choice was him looking at who's available on Saturday.for the Friday if possible I'd go for plymouths dan Thompson.hes on fire right now.after that it would be berwicks Hume.

Stick my neck out a bit here

Celina is only 2nd track reserve for Saturday. I'd say she has no chance of qualifying in that field even if a couple of riders drop out at short notice. At this stage in her career I would have thought she would give Worky priority. Sure she could have said she doesn't want to ride in the meeting to the German authorities. Think Huckenbeck told them he doesn't want to do any FIM Europe meetings

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

Celina is only 2nd track reserve for Saturday. I'd say she has no chance of qualifying in that field even if a couple of riders drop out at short notice. At this stage in her career I would have thought she would give Worky priority. Sure she could have said she doesn't want to ride in the meeting to the German authorities. Think Huckenbeck told them he doesn't want to do any FIM Europe meetings

Get your point would love Celina to put the vomets 1st  but I think the Germans will want here at the meeting from a PR point

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

Also, if she drops out I think she'll get a ban since FIM meetings take priority.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, iris123 said:

Think guest is a good option.IMO

not knocking Celina though she is giving it a good go over hear.

Edited by Fromafar

31 minutes ago, Neila said:

Get your point would love Celina to put the vomets 1st  but I think the Germans will want here at the meeting from a PR point

A good point. In fact thinking about it, i could believe that the FIM want her at the meeting. Trying to give female riders a boost

18 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Also, if she drops out I think she'll get a ban since FIM meetings take priority.

Yes i know. I was more thinking of putting Workington as top priotiry from the start, not dropping out. As i stated, similar to Huckenbeck, who before the season started told the Germans not to consider him for these meetings 

Craig Cook has signed a 28-day deal with Oxford in the Premiership as cover for Lewi Kerr.