British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

20 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Just been announced that Workington are moving up to the championship. 

Told you's that this morning 

Interesting Workington moving up. Hope they have a streaming service for away supporters because it really is out on a limb! 

So Craig Cook at number 1?

32 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Wondering if anyone from this years team will be involved 

I'm guessing you may know if there's one definite. Also IMO they'd be daft if theyre not doing the utmost to get Connor Bailey onboard

Edited by Triple.H.
Typing too fast for my brain to keep up
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I'm guessing you may know if there's one definite. Also IMO they'd be daft if theyre not doing the utmost to get Connor Bailey onboard

No idea on any riders yet .was aware of the announcement though and its fantastic for speedway but tinged with a hint of sadness as it probably does signal the end of the Ndl as we know it

• Sad 1

Would most definitely have Connor Bailey back if possible. I hope with the apparent demise of the NDL that we don’t lose the young talent. Seen some great young lads round Workington this year.

Not that they will, but surely the BSPA can look at having the reserve berths covered by “rising stars” as such. Another change they could make is to have an under 24 rider racing at either 2 or 4 to help bring the young brits on.

Buzzing to be back where we belong and hopefully them trophies are back in Workington hands by this time next season.

Edited by CTD26

8 hours ago, Midget said:

1 Craig Cook

How about Richard Lawson, sure that would go down well 

• Haha 1

Are there many others with Workington connections still around? Cook looks amazing obvious choice but brings his own issues. Lawson would be a more reliable option.

Anyone from the 2018 lot an option?

9 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

Are there many others with Workington connections still around? Cook looks amazing obvious choice but brings his own issues. Lawson would be a more reliable option.

Kyle Bickley comeback on maybe.

22 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

I don’t think you’ll see Lawson riding for Workington?