British Speedway Forum

Workington 2024

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah 100%, even as Friday track we've found more and more issues. I assume why we've gone with a predominantly British 1-7 this year. Only a few years were several Saturday tracks in champ, last season was only Berwick. With worky and I think Plymouth will be more this season right enough 

Worral in Poland ,Harris in Sweden(not sure about Poland).Is Flint still u/24 in Poland.

12 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Theo Pijper ?

Theo looked good practising at Worky a few weeks ago but even Theo would think twice about making a comeback.

Worky are starting on the back foot with not having any championship riders from last year to start off with so have a clean slate more or less to compile a team.

I am sure we will have a competitive team in 24 though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neila said:

Not a big fan of (santa) claus but would take him on a relatively low average,  and it would pi## off Glasgow fans who are expecting him to re- sign for them :rolleyes:

He has already been told he won’t be back with us.

You don’t really keep up with what is actually happening do you.

11 hours ago, Gazc said:

He has already been told he won’t be back with us.

You don’t really keep up with what is actually happening do you.

Just his name kept on being mentioned on the tiggers thread, must av missed Glasgow did not want him back, but a lot of fans do !!

On 12/9/2023 at 10:26 PM, Neila said:

Still don't think many riders have full time jobs away from speedway !!

There's quite a few especially at the bottom end of teams. Top lads yes as they need to be available for all leagues and guest bookings.

Edited by 1Tsunami

7 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Ace at glasgow,another one gone!

Was never going to anywhere else, I don't actually think he's the best signing on his average (3.17 I think)

Will just be competing against all the new 2 point riders in the league some of who are arguably better

Suppose it's a bit of loyalty shown by Glasgow.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, scaramanga said:

Aslong as racing is good that should be enough 

People who only go to watch a winning team are not fans of the sport 

I go to watch the racing. I want the Comets to win of course but it’s not as if they’re trying to get a promotion position as in football. Cup matches are different and trophies are good publicity but good racing, no serious injuries are important. Hoping Charles Wright is on form again for Redcar after his bad one. 

Edited by comet49
Spelling
  • Like 1