British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, mac101 said:

I think he thought with  his other commitments riding in Poland Sweden and Premiership  he couldn’t do championship and Wednesday was really the only day that would suit him and heard Pooles team was already sorted but if you don’t ask you don’t get  good luck to him a really great guy to have in your team 

Speaking about the move himself, Brennan added: "I was puzzled at the end of last season when I heard stories that I wouldn't be returning to the Championship.

“I don't know how or where those rumours began but once it struck me that I had not received any offers for 2024 I decided to take matters into my own hands and dropped an email to the owner of the one club I really wanted to race for.

“Matt (Ford) responded to the enquiry and said let's make it happen and so here I am, ready to ride for the Pirates and the challenges that will bring.”

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk

Edited by lisa-colette

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Speaking about the move himself, Brennan added: "I was puzzled at the end of last season when I heard stories that I wouldn't be returning to the Championship.

“I don't know how or where those rumours began but once it struck me that I had not received any offers for 2024 I decided to take matters into my own hands and dropped an email to the owner of the one club I really wanted to race for.

“Matt (Ford) responded to the enquiry and said let's make it happen and so here I am, ready to ride for the Pirates and the challenges that will bring.”

Pmsl he dropped an email to alot more clubs than one,if you believe that you really are stupid. 

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

And Kyle as well I guess. 

I guess so, not a particularly inspiring signing, dont remember him having a good meeting at Poole until this season 

Edited by foreverblue

All the best to Tom, unfortunate not too be back at Glasgow but it is what it is.

Probably would've preferred keeping Tom and not taking worrall but that's the decision made. Best of luck to him and sure be a nice wee loan fee

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I guess so, not a particularly inspiring signing, dont remember him having a good meeting at Poole until this season 

Different when you are riding it every week though. Give him a few weeks at beginning of season to settle in and be fine. I remember fans being worried about Lawson at beginning of 2022 lol. 

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Different when you are riding it every week though. Give him a few weeks at beginning of season to settle in and be fine. I remember fans being worried about Lawson at beginning of 2022 lol. 

Said the same thing about Flint , easier riding a track as a home rider.

Good signing Poole well done at least you name your riders when you say you will, I’ve been waiting for the 2 riders my team said they were announcing today don’t look like that’s happening maybe tomorrow but I don’t hold my breath.

20 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Said the same thing about Flint , easier riding a track as a home rider.

Both Tom and Leon slightly out of their comfort zone next season, so will be interesting to see how they do. 

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Both Tom and Leon slightly out of their comfort zone next season, so will be interesting to see how they do. 

Sure both will do fine, both have enough talent to adjust to there new surroundings.

Tom will be doing some travelling next season 4 leagues could be 4 meetings most weeks just hope it won’t tire him out 

3 hours ago, lewy said:

Pmsl he dropped an email to alot more clubs than one,if you believe that you really are stupid. 

Maybe he sounded out Poole first not to say he didn't send to all and why wouldn't any rider who is looking to win trophies when you have been let go by your current employers and assume Matt and Dan must get loads of requests from riders looking to ride for the (big boys ) only kidding but was he not a heat leader at Glasgow then 2nd string when the 5pt new pole came in ( excellent bit of recruitment though ) now with a weaker league I have the feeling Glasgow have as they say scored an own goal by letting him go.May not have done well at Wimborne Road recently but riding there every week with rocket man in the same pit could be a master stroke by the Ford's who like the postman always deliver

With the assumption that most have a good idea about 2 of the final 3, I think many will be surprised by the final signing!

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

With the assumption that most have a good idea about 2 of the final 3, I think many will be surprised by the final signing!

Oh good. I do love a shock signing :D Which no one has really had yet as everyone seems to be rumoured way in advance! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Fair play to him for taking the risk as he has left both his clubs of last season but not sure he is worth losing Kyle or Anders for if that is what has happened, i thought they were both excellent last season and we really missed Anders in the play offs.