British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

So, that indicates you know who it may be :wink:. Last nights sponsors meeting seems to have been informative by the sounds of it :). Brennan news was good. Not unexpected for us on the forum but the majority of fans don't come on here so it would be viewed as exciting news for sure to get an exciting 22 year old Brit signed up.

I take it  you mean the assumption on the other 2 probably being Zach & Tom Perry as rumoured here for some time.

As for the possible surprise last signing. With only approx 4.20 left you have Nielsen/Starke/Joe Thompson - The Dane Borke who we can probably exclude as a Dane with a Wed track - Aussies Pearson (rumoured to be going to Glasgow) or Hook. Besides them its a young untried Aussie ??.

Can you maybe throw us a teaser/clue  or two so that at least a few of us maybe able to work it out without naming said rider. Or you could mail me as we have exchanged views before :wink:.

If you want to read into absolutely anything esp on the socials then Michael West and Jacob Hook have 'liked' some of the Poole announcements so far this winter ;) (Hook liking the Ben Cook announcement and Tom's last night) 

Might mean something, might mean absolutely nothing :D

Edited by lisa-colette

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If it doesn't won't be far off imo. Have to remember how much weaker the league is going to be next season. 

We seem to have the same discussion but with different riders each season FB! Brady Kurtz, Rory Schlein, Steve Worrall. Can't remember if you were one of the Poole fans unsure of Lawson coming in 2022 or not lol.

Maybe I am just overly optimistic. But Rickardsson only scored 6 as an away rider before signing for Poole. So I'll wait til at least May before I start worrying about the team :D

No I wasnt a Lawson doubter but I am a Brennan doubter, not worried about the team as a whole as it is looking like a very good side which will challenge for the title but as a fan Kyle was a favourite of mine and had a really good season overall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Glasgow do not own Tom. 

When Ian Jordan wrecked Eastbourne, Tom's registration reverted to the BSPL. Pretty sure Glasgow purchased Tom from them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If you want to read into absolutely anything esp on the socials then Michael West and Jacob Hook have 'liked' some of the Poole announcements so far this winter ;) (Hook liking the Ben Cook announcement and Tom's last night) 

Might mean something, might mean absolutely nothing :D

I originally thought West at one stage as I also looked at his FB page after he won the Aussie U21 title (more by default after all 3 other riders were excluded incl Zichke & Rew).  I found a video on his Youtube page where he rode some laps around Poole pre or after meeting about 5 months ago. But then I checked and he rode POL U24 Lge last 2 seasons (full seasons not like Tate who only rode about 6 meetings last season after his injury ruled him about until July). That would mean he would probably be on a 5 which is too high.

Haven't seen any rumours on Hook so maybe ??.

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Think the travelling caught up with him last year, and now seems to be doing the same if not more !! Suppose time will tell

I posted the same a couple of weeks back he definitely went of the boil towards the end of last season IMO to much travelling and next season he's added another league 

Would be surprised if he will improve last seasons average 

3 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Glasgow do not own Tom. 

We do actually. Unless Poole or Birmingham have decided to purchase his registration. As stated earlier took over his registration from bspl after Eastbournes sad demise

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

We do actually. Unless Poole or Birmingham have decided to purchase his registration. As stated earlier took over his registration from bspl after Eastbournes sad demise

Glasgow never purchased Tom from the BSPA.

1 minute ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Glasgow never purchased Tom from the BSPA.

100% did

1 hour ago, M.D said:

When Ian Jordan wrecked Eastbourne, Tom's registration reverted to the BSPL. Pretty sure Glasgow purchased Tom from them.

Yes Glasgow bought Toms registration from the BSPL, for what it is worth Tom is a Glasgow asset.

Only benefit is a loan fee.

7 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Ok if you say so! 

It doesn’t really mean much because a rider will dictate who he rides for.

But Jaizer is correct Glasgow purchased Tom from the governing body after Eastbourne folded.

12 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Ok if you say so! 

I do yes as it's fact

But tbf press releases never say if they are on loan or been bought as an asset anymore. I assume he is on loan otherwise they would have made a big thing of being an asset last night? 

Although if our future is in any doubt then no point buying anyone for the time being imo. 

Really enjoyed Tom riding for Glasgow and am surprised he wasn’t kept as I don’t think he’s peaked like some others have suggested. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed in him at Poole as he’s capable on his day of beating anyone in the Championship. I’ll try not to hold it against him, riding for the Pirates……lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1