British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Zach Cook back for Poole 

Think Poole are going to have the best top 4 in the league. Expect them all to hit 8 point averages in a weaker league.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Think Poole are going to have the best top 4 in the league. Expect them all to hit 8 point averages in a weaker league.

I think Oxford and Redcar will get off to strong starts as they don't have many changes. But barring any injuries we should just improve as the season goes on imo. 

31 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Starke is a good shout in a watered down league and rides Poole well.

Rumoured to be Glasgow-bound.

Very strong top four, but I think it could work very well.

7 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Rumoured to be Glasgow-bound.

Very strong top four, but I think it could work very well.

I know that’s why I was trying to convince Poole he would be a steal on that average.

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Gazc said:

I know that’s why I was trying to convince Poole he would be a steal on that average.

Ah, I see.

Yes, Dayle Wood and Paul Starke would complete the lineup nicely!

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It's a new-to-UK 4.00 rider.

Have been checking various young rider Euro stats for possible clues. Trying to avoid those who have ridden regularly in Europe or have done near enough season long racing in POL or POL U24 and other Euro leagues. The latter would be on a 5 which too high.

Sure there must be some criteria that a rider has had to have ridden X number of meetings to have been upgraded from a 4 to a 5.

Are we in effect saying that if we are signing a European/Scandinvian young rider then he need to have not raced in any League to qualify for a 4 ??. If that's the case then who can it be as it would be like signing a third junior on top of Perry/Hagon.

Just an aside footnote. Tate Zischke was my choice of rider but many say he would be on 5 due to his 6 meetings in POL U24 last season. Just saw in POL article today he is not named as one of the riders for the Aussie Champ or even as wild card or reserve over the 5 meetings. He was named as one of the main field in previous releases in POL & Aus Oct/Nov. Bowes and Pearson are named with west as Wild Card. I wonder why ??

13 hours ago, Gazc said:

Can’t understand why Tigers would want Starke if the rumours are true.

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Can’t understand why Tigers would want Starke if the rumours are true.

Limited availability of riders around the four point average is the only reason I can think of. Would be ether him, Borke or an untried foreigner I think.

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just an aside footnote. Tate Zischke was my choice of rider but many say he would be on 5 due to his 6 meetings in POL U24 last season. Just saw in POL article today he is not named as one of the riders for the Aussie Champ or even as wild card or reserve over the 5 meetings. He was named as one of the main field in previous releases in POL & Aus Oct/Nov. Bowes and Pearson are named with west as Wild Card. I wonder why ??

In Australia, riders have to nominate themselves to contest any of the MA events.        You don't nominate, you don't ride.

10 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

In Australia, riders have to nominate themselves to contest any of the MA events.        You don't nominate, you don't ride.

Wonder why he would not nominate himself having I assume put himself forward when the Aussie's notified he was going to be one of the starting 15/16 in Oct & Nov.

If nothing else it was a chance to showcase his undoubted talent against more experienced and the top Aussie riders. His FB page has not updated since mid last year when he finally came over to POL for a late start in the POL U24 league when it was nearly over (hence only 6 meetings - 24 rides).

Apologies as this is the Poole Page but I had high hopes he would sign for Poole in 2023 & also for next season. Alas seems that may not happen.

15 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Wonder why he would not nominate himself having I assume put himself forward when the Aussie's notified he was going to be one of the starting 15/16 in Oct & Nov.

If nothing else it was a chance to showcase his undoubted talent against more experienced and the top Aussie riders. His FB page has not updated since mid last year when he finally came over to POL for a late start in the POL U24 league when it was nearly over (hence only 6 meetings - 24 rides).

Apologies as this is the Poole Page but I had high hopes he would sign for Poole in 2023 & also for next season. Alas seems that may not happen.

Tate is potentially the wildcard for the North Queensland 1st round ofthe Aussie Champs.

On 12/11/2023 at 9:40 PM, szkocjasid said:

I hope Ben rides at 3 so he pairs up with Zach at 4. That will mean Brennan riding at 5 which may make us weak in Heat 13 but he has the potential to improve and I remember him riding well in the Nations Cup or whatever it is called at BV. It will be interesting to see who the last 2 will be, I guess a 2 pointer and a 2nd string with an average of about 4 to ride at 2 alongside Lawson.

19 minutes ago, Supersub said:

I hope Ben rides at 3 so he pairs up with Zach at 4. That will mean Brennan riding at 5 which may make us weak in Heat 13 but he has the potential to improve and I remember him riding well in the Nations Cup or whatever it is called at BV. It will be interesting to see who the last 2 will be, I guess a 2 pointer and a 2nd string with an average of about 4 to ride at 2 alongside Lawson.

I get why people want to keep the Ben and Zach partnership going. But there are going to be 4 riders who never rode for Poole before next season. So I think for at least first month of the season, Ben should be at 5 whilst others settle in. Not my decision though! 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 10:27 PM, Skidder1 said:

It's a new-to-UK 4.00 rider.

If I was the Poole boss I'd bring back Joe Thompson on a 3.51

Towards the end of the season he was looking like a number 4 and his performance in the u21s around Ashfield was terrific. And speaking of Ashfield, in the first leg of the Championship final he beat Tarasenko fair and square and really impressed me. Bringing in a 4.00 foreign rider could have its disadvantages and being old fashioned I'd rather see places go to British riders.