British Speedway Forum

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fail to see all this”knocking” of Brennan,he is still young and a quality rider.There are not many riders on 7+ average whose away average was higher than his home.There are number of riders whose home average is all that makes their average decent.Once he dials in to Poole he will do the job for them IMO.

Yup…..I get the impression that Foreverblue just doesn’t like him for some reason. He seems to be the main sceptic. I think Tom will do great for Poole once he’s dialed in. 

31 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fail to see all this”knocking” of Brennan,he is still young and a quality rider.There are not many riders on 7+ average whose away average was higher than his home.There are number of riders whose home average is all that makes their average decent.Once he dials in to Poole he will do the job for them IMO.

No knocking Brennan his a good rider, no one can dispute that but I just think we could have used his points better.

• Like 1

Have posted 2/3 times about who our last signing (up yo 4.20) might be.

Haven't seen a single reply/response or comment  other than Skidder one liner that it might be a Cont/Scand untried rider new to our shores.

Would have thought there would be plenty of interest in who it might be, considering how important the role could be with the new young reserves we have with the lower points limit.

Any thoughts ?

Foreverblue is quite clearly not anti Brennan, he's just saying that in his opinion Newman and Thompson would have been better than Brennan and an untried sixteen year old, it's a fair point. Personally I think Brennan will flourish but the tail looks a bit dodgy, time will tell.

1 hour ago, Spiderman1 said:

That’s right ,give him a year and  he’ll be on the pace no doubt .

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

As it still won't let me do it 'like'.

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Not in my opinion, in this weakened league he needs to be over 8, depends how others in the team go whether or not it was a good decision to get him. 

Perhaps I've always rated Tom, saw him first stradle a bike at Arlington, and progress from that stage and don't think he'll let you down. As a matter of interest would you see Ben Cook as a failure if he doesn't get towards a 9 point average with his home track knowledge already in hand? Again I would have thought around  an 8 point average would be a result, but assume that would see it a failure? Think if Tom and Ben average around/in excess of 8 Poole are in with a good chance again. 

Edited by gazzac

43 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Have posted 2/3 times about who our last signing (up yo 4.20) might be.

Haven't seen a single reply/response or comment  other than Skidder one liner that it might be a Cont/Scand untried rider new to our shores.

Would have thought there would be plenty of interest in who it might be, considering how important the role could be with the new young reserves we have with the lower points limit.

Any thoughts ?

Young Dane.

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Foreverblue is quite clearly not anti Brennan, he's just saying that in his opinion Newman and Thompson would have been better than Brennan and an untried sixteen year old, it's a fair point. Personally I think Brennan will flourish but the tail looks a bit dodgy, time will tell.

Plymouth already talking to Joe at the end of last season though according to Skidder. So doubt he was available anyway. 

Personally I don't think the tail is that dodgy, Hagon is on a bargain average considering how good he can be. I haven't really seen Max ride in any meetings yet, but didn't he do well in the pairs at Oxford? And that will prob be one of our first away meetings. 

Be interesting to see who the no2 is? Hopefully be revealed next week Skidder? ;)

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Young Dane.

Okay one to put in the mix.

Bastian Pedersen - Nicky Pedersen's nephew.

Has a familiar all action style like his relative and won 2 of 3 races when riding as a reserve in one of the SGP 2 rounds (excl in the other).

That is of course unless he is a non starter on a 5 as has ridden a bike in POL U24 and in DK ;).

Will be 18 in April but already shown lots of speed and promise in DK & POL U24.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It was Newman and Rowe wasn’t it?  Anders was 99.9 percent in the team until Tom became available 

So effectively it’s Brennan and new rider instead of those two 

Perhaps I've missed something but how are Poole getting a young Dane on a 4? Don't they come on 5s like basso, borke and Knudsen all did? Is it one whose not ridden in their top League or something?

Seen it said on here a few times about a Dane hence my question. 

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes exactly my point, don't mind being proved wrong though!

34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Perhaps I've missed something but how are Poole getting a young Dane on a 4? Don't they come on 5s like basso, borke and Knudsen all did? Is it one whose not ridden in their top League or something?

Seen it said on here a few times about a Dane hence my question. 

I don't know if the rules are the same for 2024, but the rules for 2023 were as follows:

Riders new to Championship League racing are categorised as follows: - a) a rider riding in Danish, Swedish or Polish Leagues in a previous or current season will enter on a 5.00 MA b) a rider who has never ridden in a Danish, Swedish or Polish league will enter on a 4.00 MA c) a new rider with a British Passport who is eligible to participate in the NDL will enter on a 2.00 MA

4 hours ago, gazzac said:

Perhaps I've always rated Tom, saw him first stradle a bike at Arlington, and progress from that stage and don't think he'll let you down. As a matter of interest would you see Ben Cook as a failure if he doesn't get towards a 9 point average with his home track knowledge already in hand? Again I would have thought around  an 8 point average would be a result, but assume that would see it a failure? Think if Tom and Ben average around/in excess of 8 Poole are in with a good chance again. 

Yes good chance of Ben ending with a high 8, with a bit of Lawson type manipulation maybe lower, i dont think Tom will be a failure I just think his points could be used better.