British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes good chance of Ben ending with a high 8, with a bit of Lawson type manipulation maybe lower, i dont think Tom will be a failure I just think his points could be used better.

The one thing you can definitely see with the possibility of both Tom and Ben ( and quite a few others across the championship) possibly achieving towards a 9 average the aim of lowering the level of the championship(good or bad) is well on the way. With the same points limit in 2025 the likes of Tom and Ben will be No1's or no longer in the championship. 

45 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I don't know if the rules are the same for 2024, but the rules for 2023 were as follows:

Since can't thank the comment will say thank you :t:

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I don't know if the rules are the same for 2024, but the rules for 2023 were as follows:

Riders new to Championship League racing are categorised as follows: - a) a rider riding in Danish, Swedish or Polish Leagues in a previous or current season will enter on a 5.00 MA b) a rider who has never ridden in a Danish, Swedish or Polish league will enter on a 4.00 MA c) a new rider with a British Passport who is eligible to participate in the NDL will enter on a 2.00 MA

Hence. the confusion. Or the rules are not as clear as they really are supposed to mean.

Question I have is if there is some kind of qualifying criteria that a young rider where it be Dane/Swede/Pole/Czech/Aussie has to ride a minimum of xyw meetings BEFORE they they get upgraded from a 4 to a 5 pointer.

For example if a rider does say only 4/5/6 meeting in POL U24 or Dk/Swe/Czech he gets upgraded to  a 5 automatically ??. If so would mean cannot sign any foreign rider unless he has NEVER ridden in Europe/POL/Scand leagues of any kind.  Would mean only an Aussie who has NEVER ridden in POL U24 league or anywhere else in Europe Leagues.

Would Poole really sign a rider with NO league experience anywhere bearing in mind we have 2 inexperienced young reserves.

There must be some qualifying criteria otherwise the untried Euro or Aussie rider doesn't make sense.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
Typos

8 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Hence. the confusion. Or the rules are not as clear as they really are supposed to mean.

Question I have is if there is some kind of qualifying criteria that a young rider where it be Dane/Swede/Pole/Czech/Aussie has to ride a minimum of xyw meetings BEFORE they they get upgraded from a 4 to a 5 pointer.

For example if a rider does say only 4/5/6 meeting in POL U24 or Dk/Swe/Czech he gets upgraded to  a 5 automatically ??. If so would mean cannot sign any foreign rider unless he has NEVER ridden in Europe/POL/Scand leagues of any kind.  Would mean only an Aussie who has NEVER ridden in POL U24 league or anywhere else in Europe Leagues.

Would Poole really sign a rider with NO league experience anywhere bearing in mind we have 2 inexperienced young reserves.

There must be some qualifying criteria otherwise the untried Euro or Aussie rider doesn't make sense.

The other criteria is Poole may actually have to follow the rules as you have  kindly shown us above, thank you.:t:

31 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Riders like Erik Gundersen came into top League with minimal experience. 

If Poole have found a 16 year old Dane with basically no League experience but massive potential fair play. He'll be very experienced though in junior racing 

Edited by HGould
Spelling

3 hours ago, Noelinho said:

So in other words it'll be an undiscovered wonderkid, a ringer or somebody not ready/any good.

Brian Andersen's kid turns 16 in April by my calculations. Presumably no league experience as a 15yo in Denmark? Assuming must be that kind of signing looking at. Be helluva signing that be great to see even if was for Poole lol

22 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Brian Andersen's kid turns 16 in April by my calculations. Presumably no league experience as a 15yo in Denmark? Assuming must be that kind of signing looking at. Be helluva signing that be great to see even if was for Poole lol

He's already ridden  3 DSL matches

I think that song from 'FROZEN'  is quite appropriate for several of the posts on here  "Let it go, Let it go"!? :rofl::rofl::t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I think that song from 'FROZEN'  is quite appropriate for several of the posts on here  "Let it go, Let it go"!? :rofl::rofl::t:

When I started reading your post I thought it was a clue the first name was Hans ;);) lol

11 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Hopefully whoever you are referring to will ignore you up in your ivory tower and carry on the discussion as they see fit :D :t:

Of course Danny Ford could put it to bed by announcing this new talent to us this week as it's Christmas near enough.

Going to miss trawling through the POL/DK/SWE stats for a clue until then. Of course we can't discount the possibility that an untried Aussie new to these shores could be in the mix (I mean one who has not ridden in Europe).

Must admit I am still not sure if the POL U24 league qualifies as normal league for the 4/5 point discussion as the POL in effect deem it as a junior Lge ??

I just have a small concern about having a rider inexperienced in Lge racing joining our other 2 young reserves and leaving us very exposed.

Anyway we will see hopefully soon.

14 hours ago, arnieg said:

He's already ridden  3 DSL matches

You mean Mikkel Andersen ?.

He has been burning up the SGP3 scene the last 2 seasons winning it in 22 and third in 23. His FB page posts some excellent results.

Looks to have a good future in the sport. Was invited to train with Zielona Gora just before the play off final and is friends with Luke Bekker. His FB comments post a lot of good scores and did plenty of racing around Europe incl International meetings. Also seems POL teams want him for U24 Lge in 2024.

Could be interesting considering he was only 15 last season. Although not 16 i think until 28th April and already signed in DK for Vojens so possible fixture clashes if going to Poole.