British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

He doesn't say why it would not work for Poole. I am sure the fans would turn up whatever day we were racing.

Probably waying up the Profit and Loss situation.Would think he’s doing alright financially running in Championship with very good crowds, so why cut your your Profits by stepping up and probably playing to the same size of crowds.Wise decision.IMO.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

He is a nice guy and a good rider on his day but has had quite a few injuries so maybe taking a bit of time out of the sport. I hope he returns one day.

You literally dropped down because crowds didnt turn up on Mon/Thurs….. fickle bunch 

However in 2018/2019 wasn't it home one week and away the next? People probably just found other things to do and dropped the speedway. I think if it was every single week at home prob would have been fine. 

54 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

You literally dropped down because crowds didnt turn up on Mon/Thurs….. fickle bunch 

I would go whatever night, so not all fickle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Probably waying up the Profit and Loss situation.Would think he’s doing alright financially running in Championship with very good crowds, so why cut your your Profits by stepping up and probably playing to the same size of crowds.Wise decision.IMO.

He said at the time that  Championship costs were around 30% cheaper than Premiership. Coupled with fans (and some key sponsors)stating they wanted to go back to the traditional regular Wednesday speedway, it was and still is a no-brainer.

• Like 2

Poole should stay where they are if it’s good for business and the supporters why should they bow down to the top teams I don’t say a lot good about Poole same as they don’t say a lot of good about Plymouth but you do what’s right for your club and your business model if the boot was on the other foot would these teams do Poole a favour I think not.

Must say I am surprised our new young and exciting prospect Max Perry has not been signed by a NDL club for 2024. The av left at the clubs with places to fill indicate he won't have a starting slot.

Can't believe its his injury/fitness issue as would think Poole wouldn't have signed him. Although chances are he was already pencilled in well  before season ended and his injury. (Although he has said he would be fit for start of 24.

Maybe he is party to information on all the teams not participating in racing NDL squads putting on plenty of Individual meetings or second half events to keep his calendar filled to supplement his Poole appearances.

The only problem with the new NLDR series is that it is supposed to be open to the top 2 riders from each club in the NDL. (as per below statement). If he isn't signed to a team how does he get in ??. Unless as a Wild Card as 6 teams x 2 riders is only 12 so will need another 4 and that's also excluding any fixture clashes.

The National League Riders’ Development Series will be a series of stand-alone Individual events open to the top two available riders from each club.

Even the likes of Boughen & Killeen have 2 clubs each (Boughen in Prem & Champ). (Killeen in NDL 7 Champ).

Any thoughts ?

33 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Must say I am surprised our new young and exciting prospect Max Perry has not been signed by a NDL club for 2024. The av left at the clubs with places to fill indicate he won't have a starting slot.

Can't believe its his injury/fitness issue as would think Poole wouldn't have signed him. Although chances are he was already pencilled in well  before season ended and his injury. (Although he has said he would be fit for start of 24.

Maybe he is party to information on all the teams not participating in racing NDL squads putting on plenty of Individual meetings or second half events to keep his calendar filled to supplement his Poole appearances.

The only problem with the new NLDR series is that it is supposed to be open to the top 2 riders from each club in the NDL. (as per below statement). If he isn't signed to a team how does he get in ??. Unless as a Wild Card as 6 teams x 2 riders is only 12 so will need another 4 and that's also excluding any fixture clashes.

The National League Riders’ Development Series will be a series of stand-alone Individual events open to the top two available riders from each club.

Even the likes of Boughen & Killeen have 2 clubs each (Boughen in Prem & Champ). (Killeen in NDL 7 Champ).

Any thoughts ?

Must admit , I support the new rules

for the NDL and excluding some

better riders , but it does seem bonkers that some

talented riders are left without a place . Some

fine tuning needed I think

21 minutes ago, Pumpy said:

Must admit , I support the new rules

for the NDL and excluding some

better riders , but it does seem bonkers that some

talented riders are left without a place . Some

fine tuning needed I think

If Max is good enough (and l very much believe he is, no question) he won't be on the sidelines too long..... 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

However in 2018/2019 wasn't it home one week and away the next? People probably just found other things to do and dropped the speedway. I think if it was every single week at home prob would have been fine. 

A lot of people now can't afford to attend speedway every week,  a couples cost is £50 a meeting, so every few weeks as it is now is more affordable 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Neila said:

A lot of people now can't afford to attend speedway every week,  a couples cost is £50 a meeting, so every few weeks as it is now is more affordable 

Aah so it IS ok to post on other teams' threads then?!:t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, phillipsr said:

That is complete twaddle, we got good crowds, it is just cheaper to run a Championship team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That is complete twaddle, we got good crowds, it is just cheaper to run a Championship team.

I agree,Poole get good crowds and have good sponsors. The Fords are good business people. Run in the Premier League and break even or run in the Championship and make a profit ! It’s not rocket science.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Aah so it IS ok to post on other teams' threads then?!:t:

I guess it boils down to whether the post is making a good point or s hit stirring  :)

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I guess it boils down to whether the post is making a good point or s hit stirring  :)

Such a shame that some don't seem to know the difference or choose to attack the poster rather than the post!

Edited by Skidder1