British Speedway Forum

I know  its not quite the same but i expect Osbourne will do the same with Ford as he did with Russell and just paid him off to get  out of way.. 

Edited by orion

1 hour ago, orion said:

I know  its not quite the same but i expect Osbourne will do the same with Ford as he did with Russell and just paid him off to get  out of way.. 

Matt Ford is Poole through and through, can't see that happening 

One last season at Poole before the sport loses another historical club. :cry:

10 minutes ago, TTT said:

Where have you read this 

18 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Matt Ford is Poole through and through, can't see that happening 

Maybe, but comes a time when someone says enuf is enuf, now living in France and speedway being diluted every season, that time maybe around the corner, 

15 minutes ago, Neila said:

Maybe, but comes a time when someone says enuf is enuf, now living in France and speedway being diluted every season, that time maybe around the corner, 

I don't think he plans on being in France long term 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Where have you read this 

Few posts back about another guy who wants to take another track down.

Dying Sport in this country, Matt has his new life in a beautiful chateau in France now so it's the beginning of the end unfortunately.

12 hours ago, TTT said:

Danny Ford on the podcast this week, didn’t rule out moving up to top flight in a year or two. Does not sound like a stadium shutting just yet. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TTT said:

Few posts back about another guy who wants to take another track down.

Dying Sport in this country, Matt has his new life in a beautiful chateau in France now so it's the beginning of the end unfortunately.

There are one or two on here who want us closed and it has been mentioned in the local paper and it is a cloud that hangs over us but I dont believe 2024 will be our last season, Matt and Danny Ford have both been positive about our future and living in France wont change their resolve to fight for the club.

When Matt ford gave his evidence at the Brandon planning enquiry he definitely didn’t sound like someone who was disillusioned with the sport at all, rather the opposite 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Danny Ford on the podcast this week, didn’t rule out moving up to top flight in a year or two. Does not sound like a stadium shutting just yet. 

Hope you are right! Only thing I would say is depends when his interview on podcast was recorded. As Clarke Osbourne only did this Poole Motorsport ltd thing on 20th Nov. So may not have been known at the time? 

Also they may not want to say anything yet as fine line between keeping fans informed to what is happening and panicking people. 

14 hours ago, TTT said:

FAKE news

Maybe Osborne should look at taking over the Ringwood (Matchams) Raceway and turning that into a full Motorsports venue, especially as the current Matchams Raceway Owner and Promoter, Craig Robinson, is part of the Swindon Motorsports consortium!?

Edited by Skidder1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe Osborne should look at taking over the Ringwood (Matchams) Raceway and turning that into a full Motorsports venue?

Isn't there planning issues with that site?

5 minutes ago, Catalan said:

Isn't there planning issues with that site?

The recent planning application to close it and turn it into a 'senior persons community village' was unanimously rejected due to many local objections.

Not sure of any other issues, although equally not sure how regularly the Banger racing takes place or if there is a limit on the number of racedays?

Edited by Skidder1