British Speedway Forum
longmeadow

Promoters Conference

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Day 2 update - Tea and  biscuits replaced by coffee and churros! :cheers:

Churros? My favourite! :wub: :D

It's being extended over the weekend. Still discussing how to conclude the Jubilee Cup, which was first agenda item.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Big Al said:

It's being extended over the weekend. Still discussing how to conclude the Jubilee Cup, which was first agenda item.

Give it to Glasgow is the word on the street.

Rumours reaching me are that there has been a lot of gardening taking place in the hotel grounds delaying the starts of the meetings. There is a 6pm curfew at the hotel,  when the bar opens, so extending over the weekend was the only option to get a result.  

All telecommunications with Hotel lost. 

Neil Middleditch ripped room intercom phone off the wall hen Poole drawn at Plymouth in Cup

Due to lack of numbers the chairman is doubling up as a general committee member and heckling himself. The secretary has been given a warning for moving and someone has passed/failed a drug test with a positive non positive test fail .

• Haha 4

They are stuck there for a week. 

Heavy rain has rendered the Runway unusable and one promoter who used Aviation Fuel to dry it out by setting fire to it has been arrested for Arson. 

• Haha 3

threy are still stuck at the hotel trying to check in after the manager asked how many guests and they all replied its a long season how should we know 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It was rumoured that the Hotel said a bond must be paid upfront to ensure that they completed their stay and didn't default on extra costs typically putting extra guests into the rooms or cancelling the rooms at no notice on the day!. Also, as they hadn't stayed there for at least 2 years they couldn't vote against this ruling.

The promoters replied, "This is a disgrace, it's poor encouragement to get more to attend, it's totally bad practice, nobody else operates like that ......"  

• Oops :rolleyes:
  • Haha 1

AGM extended until Sunday.

Promoters have gone down with hangovers from drinking too many sangria's therefore nothing can be fully signed off until they've made a full recovery.

16 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Rumours reaching me are that there has been a lot of gardening taking place in the hotel grounds delaying the starts of the meetings. There is a 6pm curfew at the hotel,  when the bar opens, so extending over the weekend was the only option to get a result.  

Conference room no longer available after today, so Buster Chapman has offered the use of his room in an attempt for matters to be concluded

AGM has requested the bar staff to also clean their rooms so the staff can now 'double up on wages '.

The pool was abandoned after heavy rain 3 days prior and deemed 'unsafe for the 'swimmers' .

Various promoters have not turned up to the meeting. Guests have stepped in including Bomber and Lawson. Robert Lambert will make an apperence on the last day.

Richie Worrall has turned up in disguise wearing his brothers Wolves kevlars. Stewart Dickson spotted this straight away and had him ascorted from the bar. Richie was heard shouting ' The drinks are on me' as he left the building. 

Eurosport are filming the AGM but the camera man pointed the camera facing the wrong way so weve missed all the passing of the paella.

The hotel will closing at the end of year. Crowds are down along with the landlords selling the land for dog racing. Think ladbrookes are involved in this.

My sources will keep me informed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1