British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

2 hours ago, AceBelle said:

It will be 6 teams  :t:

Name the six!;)

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I believe you're not even supposed to approach riders before the AGM. :nono:

You can approach riders at any time of the year.  Many have contracts in place long before the AGM.   Of course, if they are on the retained list of another promoter you need their permission first.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 3:50 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Or, Kemp is no longer on the rising star scheme and is on the 25% discount rather than the standard 2.5%. But that begs the question why Flint still qualifies when Kemp doesn’t, as I think they’ve both been in the scheme the same number of years, and both are a similar age? Could well be a 41 point limit clubs are working to..

I don't know the criteria, but Drew Kemp turned 21 in August, Leon won't be 21 til next year...... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Belle Vue, Birmingham, Ipswich, King's Lynn, Leicester, Sheffield.

Isn't Birmingham a bit of a question mark atm? If Brum can't then who else? 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't Birmingham a bit of a question mark atm? If Brum can't then who else? 

Oxford is very much a possibility.    Can't see Northampton happening now.   That was just a back-up plan if a 6th team didn't come up.

2 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Belle Vue, Birmingham, Ipswich, King's Lynn, Leicester, Sheffield.

Birmingham aren't even sure if they are running at all atm!!

Oxford's greyhound schedule for 2024 has just been announced, including Thursday afternoons so they would have to go Mondays!!? Not sure how that would go down?

Edited by Skidder1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Birmingham aren't even sure if they are running at all atm!!

Oxford's greyhound schedule for 2024 has just been announced, including Thursday afternoons so they would have to go Mondays!!? Not sure how that would go down?

didn't harm wolves from having dogs running on monday afternoon so i'm sure oxford could cope the same if required !!

51 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

didn't harm wolves from having dogs running on monday afternoon so i'm sure oxford could cope the same if required !!

It did limit Wolves re track prep especially on wet days as they couldn't get access til 6pm.

Just now, Skidder1 said:

It did limit Wolves re track prep especially on wet days as they couldn't get access til 6pm.

what when doc bridges won many track of year awards !! and they ran for 95 years :rofl:

14 hours ago, wtf said:

When you think of all the other rules they break, it's hardly surprising that they do :D.  TBH I don't really see what the problem is with discussing with a self employed rider , their availability to work elsewhere in the future. Yet another example of this ridiculous asset system that is completely unfit for purpose

Unable to give this a like but couldn't agree more.

Edited by Bagpuss

18 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Oxford is very much a possibility.    Can't see Northampton happening now.   That was just a back-up plan if a 6th team didn't come up.

If those in charge decided against opening a new club for that reason then we're in more trouble than I thought, and that's a lot.

On 10/25/2023 at 6:31 PM, PowerfulPierre said:

It all went wrong after Morris was caught playing silly bu**ers and earned himself a 2 year ban. It's been quite well documented that Bomber was not comfortable riding the B.P. circuit and said so himself in a post match interview with Rob Sensicall.  Richie made no secret of the fact that he wanted to be back at Leicester, and don't forget that the riders' averages had a big part to play in forcing Stewart's hand in having to change things around.

You are correct but Harris leaving did not help.

On 11/8/2023 at 5:56 PM, RoundTheBoards said:

Northampton ?