British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

2 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Sadly not on trend. Maybe on TikTok but not on old fashioned FB and X. Just pees off people. And the Leicester content  is far from creative and down right boring. 

If I was the new social media guy dealing with the fricke annoucement...

Firstly - A short video of his best passes at leicester and in the grand prix

2. Followed  by a clip of the track record he broke last season

3. Then a short interview with max about why he wanted to sign for us again

4. A week or so later I'd have a full interview / Q n A session with max. Can be done over Skype if he's back in Australia.  Can talk about his ambitions, favourite tracks, riders etc. 

50 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

4. A week or so later I'd have a full interview / Q n A session with max. Can be done over Skype if he's back in Australia.  Can talk about his ambitions, favourite tracks, riders etc. 

Sounds way too progressive, informative and forward thinking for anyone involved in speedway promotion! 

Edited by DJC
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, FishersGate said:

To be fair if Dan chose Ipswich, there isn't much choice out there

Dan Thompson did not choose Ipswich over Leicester he had no choice. Each club had first option over their 2023 season ending  rising star.

Under the rules if a rider refuses a rising star spot then they are not allowed to sign for another club as a rising star.
Because Ipswich wanted Dan as their rising star his only decision was ride for Ipswich and do 2 leagues or only ride in the Championship for a club if he can get one. 

Riders can opt out of the R/S programme amd sign for clubs like Jason Edwards did at Sheffield but if he is dropped he will not be allowed to sign for another club as a R/S nor can he guest as a R/S. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Sadly not on trend. Maybe on TikTok but not on old fashioned FB and X. Just pees off people. And the Leicester content  is far from creative and down right boring. 

Video announcements are certainly more on trend than most methods, particularly on Twitter. Nothing is on trend in Facebook though, that's in the past.

I do agree with you on the general content, same for 99% of speedway club posts. Very little interaction with fans or engaging with 'trends', and some of the posts are frankly odd.

2 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Not the strongest reserves but time will tell

But no one has a 5th averaged rider around that 7 point mark. Swings and roundabouts

2 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Not the strongest reserves but time will tell

Kemp was good the few times I saw him at Beaumont Park last season.

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

But no one has a 5th averaged rider around that 7 point mark. Swings and roundabouts

The 5th average rider will need to be lower than 7 as currently (if my calcs are correct) there are 19.14 points remaining to cover the  three unannounced spots  i.e  6.95 per rider. If the Lions bring in a 7.5 rider that will leave 5.82 for each of the other two.
However, maths  and the understand of the average allocation are not my strongest points, so I'm happy to be corrected. 

Edited by 1 valve

23 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

The 5th average rider will need to be lower than 7 as currently (if my calcs are correct) there are 19.14 points remaining to cover the  three unannounced spots  i.e  6.95 per rider. If the Lions bring in a 7.5 rider that will leave 5.82 for each of the other two.
However, maths  and the understand of the average allocation are not my strongest points, so I'm happy to be corrected. 

1. Fricke 8.98

2. Lawson 6.4 ( with British reduction)

3. Masters 7.13

4. Becker 7.03

5. Douglas 7.14

6. Kemp 3.03 ( 25% reduction)

7. Thompson RS

39.71 I've got

14 hours ago, mikebv said:

Isn't the "asset process" really only to just help pay off debts if a club goes bust? 

Seem to remember it was once quoted that it can help reduce the "bond" that gets paid...

It’s just more needless bumf the sport could do without. The riders will ride where they want anyway. They’re self-employed contractors too so the idea that someone owns them is silly. 

Stop clubs from signing assets now and then eventually all the “owned” riders will retire and there will be no more assets. 

15 hours ago, FishersGate said:

The new social media team at Leicester are very much on trend with lots of experience of creating content for the younger market as they themselves are in the 14-23 group with TikTok,Insta Reels and You Tube shorts being their forte. They have some great ideas and are fortunate at Leicester to have some other people involved with the club whom have lots of experience of Media and Marketing 

There will also be the more traditional social media like X (Twitter) Facebook along with of course the usual press releases  too so hopefully should be something for everyone 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Dan Thompson did not choose Ipswich over Leicester he had no choice. Each club had first option over their 2023 season ending  rising star.

Under the rules if a rider refuses a rising star spot then they are not allowed to sign for another club as a rising star.
Because Ipswich wanted Dan as their rising star his only decision was ride for Ipswich and do 2 leagues or only ride in the Championship for a club if he can get one. 

Riders can opt out of the R/S programme amd sign for clubs like Jason Edwards did at Sheffield but if he is dropped he will not be allowed to sign for another club as a R/S nor can he guest as a R/S. 

How can there be a rule that a rider refusing a rising star place cannot sign for another Club as rising Star,Find that hard to believe.There again it is Speedway we’re talking about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

How can there be a rule that a rider refusing a rising star place cannot sign for another Club as rising Star,Find that hard to believe.There again it is Speedway we’re talking about.

It is the case.

Why would D Thompson want to ride for Leicester anyway when you dropped him mid season. Looked good at Ipswich before he done his shoulder so glad he's back with us

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Done so the rising star once signed recognises the contractual obligation he is under to the club who has chosen to take him on. That said, If the club releases the rising star, then the rider can sign for another club.