British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Speedway of Nations 2024

Seems they erecting the temporary stands on turns 3 and 4. Like they did in 2016 Doing that must cost more than a few bob. Plus 23 teams of riders, mechanics, all of the officials, heck of a lot of important background staff.  Must cost a fortune and a nightmare to sort the logistics. On that basis £191 for a 4 night tournament ticket on the start line seems reasonable, and concessions available.

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Seems they erecting the temporary stands on turns 3 and 4. Like they did in 2016 Doing that must cost more than a few bob. Plus 23 teams of riders, mechanics, all of the officials, heck of a lot of important background staff.  Must cost a fortune and a nightmare to sort the logistics. On that basis £191 for a 4 night tournament ticket on the start line seems reasonable, and concessions available.

I have paid £169 for a seat in C section for the four meetings, I think that is very reasonable, especially when compared to the ticket prices for some SGP.

Cheapest hotel for the duration I can find is £393 for two in the sports village so pretty close, cheapest tickets for two (my old man needs a seat) will be £304, £330 for a decent spot in the grandstand.

£75 minimum for fuel. 

Best part of £800 before food and drink. No thanks, I'll watch it on TV if I can get it on the Discovery app as it probably won't all be on Eurosport again. 

Wonder how much of an effect it will have on the already dwindling GP attendance 

44 minutes ago, Colinspeedway said:

Prices will put a few off. 

Yep, it's put me off. Was going to come up for the final, but £65 to stand is a complete p**s take so will just watch it on TV instead.

By the time I factor in fuel, food, drink, it just doesn't add up.

I reckon Saturday night will be FULL.  Maybe not the 2 semi finals, but not far off full.  Hotel prices are what they are. Any UK city hotel is high and more so when a big event is on, they would be if it was a national dog show. You can't run a big hotel charging £40 per night. Even Travelodge prices go up.                                   

Few nights ago I was comparing prices of an hotel. 2021 we stayed 7 nights in Thetford, Norfolk at Premier Inn. Average price for 7 nights was £46 per night, room only. That was mid June, not in school holiday. This year same week asking just over £90 per night.  This year we doing 3 nights in a b&b Llandudno at £97 per night. We simply had to cut back. Now we doing 2 half weeks per year instead of 2 full weeks. We got the whole of Cheshire to explore on our doorstep and the Welsh border is just 8 miles away. Lots of beautiful countryside.

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

With those prices for the final they must be living in cloud cuckoo land !! Or rip-off Britain.

8 hours ago, Tim G said:

Totally agree, was going but not so sure now as £85 for the cheapest grandstand seat for the final is ridiculous.

It requires Speedway fans, to stick to their principles & refuse to buy such expensive tickets. If it's a near sell out, there will be no need make it cheaper in the future. If the stands are gonna be empty, prices will most likely come down.

4 hours ago, therefused said:

What was the price like for the world cup final last year?

If I remember correctly the "premium seat" tickets were similar price but there were other cheaper options available. Also the race offs/earlier rounds in the world cup were a lot cheaper than the early rounds in the SON. 

Buying a 4 round package is best value for this but not everyone will want to go to all 4. To me it is a bit expensive compared to other speedway events I will be attending by the time you've factored all other costs in. Belle Vue is usually more pricey than other stadiums anyway but is this value for money? I guess that's down to the individual. 

Adult tickets bit more then I expected but it’s the kids tickets which are ridiculous barely any cheaper then adults if at all. 

Hope that the facilities, refreshments etc in the South Stand will be significantly upgraded to reflect the ticket price, although I fear this maybe expecting too much.

I have paid £169 for tickets then £273 for the Premier Inn at Manchester Denton for four nights, I consider that to be good value.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, screm said:

I have paid £169 for tickets then £273 for the Premier Inn at Manchester Denton for four nights, I consider that to be good value.

The tickets... not the Premier Inn?

On 4/11/2024 at 10:58 AM, Tim G said:

Totally agree, was going but not so sure now as £85 for the cheapest grandstand seat for the final is ridiculous.

Wow...

For four of us that is £340....:o

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask...:D

Curry and beer for four and watching at home? Around £100....

Kerching....B)