British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Davis

Oxford Spires 2024

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Tungate has a pretty decent average considering we had stronger riders in the league the last time he rode here. I think Oxford are going to have an exciting season with the riders they have chosen. 

Little throttle jockey will struggle around Oxford big time.

Personally don't think they'll do well, the type of team that on paper looks great but cracks all over when you look at them individually,

Magic, coming off the back of one of his worst season to date...which has been coming for a while. He's a spent force, will do well to get a higher average than C Holder. 

Harris at 42 can only be going one way as he showed at Peterborough towards the end of last year. Will have the odd great meeting but as always will take 2 months to get the set up right! 

Klindt, great trapper but coming off a broken neck and notoriously inconsistent before that.

Tungate, who knows which one will turn up each week. 

Wright, horrific crash and injuries last year, will take him too long to get going. 

Kerr, one of the best reserves in the league with the Poles but will swap with Wright after the first set of averages. 

Boughen, only his second full season in the sport. Will cause a few upsets along the way but very much a development year for him.

1 hour ago, DJC said:

Personally don't think they'll do well, the type of team that on paper looks great but cracks all over when you look at them individually,

Magic, coming off the back of one of his worst season to date...which has been coming for a while. He's a spent force, will do well to get a higher average than C Holder. 

Harris at 42 can only be going one way as he showed at Peterborough towards the end of last year. Will have the odd great meeting but as always will take 2 months to get the set up right! 

Klindt, great trapper but coming off a broken neck and notoriously inconsistent before that.

Wright, horrific crash and injuries last year, will take him too long to get going. 

Kerr, one of the best reserves in the league with the Poles but will swap with Wright after the first set of averages. 

Boughen, only his second full season in the sport. Will cause a few upsets along the way but very much a development year for him.

Few hit and miss riders ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

tungate rode for ipswich year before last? league looks the strongest its looked this year in a very long time imo! tungsten quick on big fast tracks, often struggles on tighter tracks he has to turn the bike hard

Look forward to seeing him dart round other riders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, orion said:

Magic is hardly a out and out no 1 . he's a rider going downhill fast hence why he had to ride back here in the first place . as i said before they will wont  get enough heat winners away from home to win a a title with this 7 . Play offs would be a good season .

Not sure how 6 second strings tick every box 

Our league is much weaker so he'll be fine imo, Even Chris Holder won more than a fair share of heats when he signed for Sheffield (Excluding Ipswich).

I don't think any club will get enough race winners away from home tbh because every team looks rock solid around their own track, Away wins should be at a premium.

4 hours ago, DJC said:

And there speaks the prophet of doom, might as well throw the towel in now me thinks.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Toady said:

And there speaks the prophet of doom, might as well throw the towel in now me thinks.

This is a good team and will make the play offs with ease,Janowski a spent force is a ridiculous comment. Harris has proved over and over again he can do it at this level, he is still a top rider in this league, Kerr is the best reserve, Tungate,Klindt and Wright will all hold their own at least, I think the Oxford track will suit them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Look forward to seeing him dart round other riders.

Might end up doing a 180 and wont be able to finish, could be more to the point.

Let's hope he doesn't shaft anyone, we'd rather see him in full flight. I'm sure once he throws his leg over his bike for the first time he'll be well set. Nobody will be board :D

This is a good team and will make the play offs with ease,Janowski a spent force is a ridiculous comment. Harris has proved over and over again he can do it at this level, he is still a top rider in this league, Kerr is the best reserve, Tungate,Klindt and Wright will all hold their own at least, I think the Oxford track will suit them.

Well said that man, perhaps Chicken Little will give an assessment of the other sides for fairness

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, foreverblue said:

They have a rider who just won the Australian title, not sure how he can be regarded as a second string, Magic may not be as good as some of the number ones now but he will still do a great job for the team and Bomber is still a heat leader in my view, Klindt is a great gater and will win many races. I think this team are play off certainties.

Pretty Easy..his Ave is that of a second string..

5 hours ago, TTT said:

Our league is much weaker so he'll be fine imo, Even Chris Holder won more than a fair share of heats when he signed for Sheffield (Excluding Ipswich).

I don't think any club will get enough race winners away from home tbh because every team looks rock solid around their own track, Away wins should be at a premium.

Ipswich and Sheff will 

17 minutes ago, orion said:

Pretty Easy..his Ave is that of a second string..

His average is similar to other 3rd heat leaders.

His average is similar to other 3rd heat leaders.

Ipswich  and Sheffield  look good...Both have strong  top 2 ...Good  to see more stars coming back ..