British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Davis

Oxford Spires 2024

Blimey.

Fair enough if there are things behind the scenes they are unhappy with but is four matches really enough for riders to get going fully? Not for me.

Riss for Klindt when Lewi has a broken ankle is barmy in my opinion, obviously if I was an Oxford fan I’d want Lewi in for either of them as soon as he’s fit... But why not have Klindt and Riss for now?

15 minutes ago, TTT said:

Don't see the logic in this move at all.

Should get Riss in for Kerr on a short term deal as an injury replacement just to see how Erik performs first whilst giving Klindt some extra time to rediscover his form.

2 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Riss for Klindt when Lewi has a broken ankle is barmy in my opinion, obviously if I was an Oxford fan I’d want Lewi in for either of them as soon as he’s fit... But why not have Klindt and Riss for now?

Totally agree with these comments, Ross for Kerr, then decide who to drop when Kerr returns, seems an obvious solution.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, TTT said:

Should get Riss in for Kerr on a short term deal as an injury replacement just to see how Erik performs first whilst giving Klindt some extra time to rediscover his form.

I think we been waiting 10 seasons for him to find his form..Every year its the same what a great signing he is ...Riss is just another guy who always lets you down..still have no idea why people thought this was  a great side..

Edited by orion

19 minutes ago, TTT said:

Something tells me this is just the first move to make points available with a new signing on its way for Kerr 

3 minutes ago, orion said:

I think we been waiting 10 seasons for him to find his form..Every year its the same what a great signing he is ...Riss is just another guy who always lets you down..still have no idea why people thought this was  a great side..

Confidence rider is Klindt.

When he's confident he scores solidly but when the confidence is low he seems to really struggle.

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Something tells me this is just the first move to make points available with a new signing on its way for Kerr 

Either that or Klindt's possibly had a falling out with the TM over not being given an R/R ride at Birmingham.

Has to be more to it when Riss for the injured Kerr fits in a straight swap.

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Thats the only way it would make sense

10 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Seems the most logical answer or a massive knee jerk reaction.

The silly season has come early this year...

55 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Blimey.

Fair enough if there are things behind the scenes they are unhappy with but is four matches really enough for riders to get going fully? Not for me.

Riders should ready for start of season most have practices in other countries before season starts.No excuse for not being ready if that’s  your profession.IMO.

Klint has always been hit or miss type of rider.

teams don't win, crowds fall off, thats the way it is these days. Fans have changed, its no longer a night at the speedway enjoyable in itself, it has to be a win

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Riders should ready for start of season most have practices in other countries before season starts.No excuse for not being ready if that’s  your profession.IMO.

Klint has always been hit or miss type of rider.

They probably should but the reality across most sports is that not all competitors will start the season in full swing, that's just human nature especially if returning from injury.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TTT said:

Confidence rider is Klindt.

When he's confident he scores solidly but when the confidence is low he seems to really struggle.

odd in a way as at Foxhall last year he was really good - beat Doyle fair and square which doesnt happen often!

• Like 1