British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Davis

Oxford Spires 2024

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Either that or Klindt's possibly had a falling out with the TM over not being given an R/R ride at Birmingham.

Has to be more to it when Riss for the injured Kerr fits in a straight swap.

Yes a bit of a strange decision, Klindt is a far better rider than Riss so must be more to it than meets the eye.

• Like 3

speedway merry go round has started!!! ANYONE know which clubs Riss and Klindt belong too.I gotta a feeling Klingt will be back in the british league very soon maybe with a club he didnt want to move from!!!

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Confidence rider is Klindt.

When he's confident he scores solidly but when the confidence is low he seems to really struggle.

Seems to always do OK in Poland even if poor over here..

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mikebv said:

chchSeems to always do OK in Poland even if poor over here..

although they lost yesterday was voted sponsors man of the match yesterday even though they messed up in heat 15 ,but rode really well.dont forget last August he was in a big crash that left him in a neck brace for quite some time.

The Birmingham track is predominantly a gaters track and we all know Nicolai is primarily a gater, horses for courses maybe ?, Klindt for Milik or Lampart, as someone else said Klindt for Lampart keeps Cook at reserve for longer, whereas Klindt for Milik gives Brum a bit more wriggle room to bring in the top end rider that they badly need, personally I would offload Milik he is 30 and aint going to get any better, whereas Lampart is 22 and could still improve. I have no idea what they will do but Oxford are not messing around whereas Brum who badly need strengthening up appear to be dithering yet again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Seems to always do OK in Poland even if poor over here..

Can’t afford a bad meeting in Poland,that’s the difference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Can’t afford a bad meeting in Poland,that’s the difference.

100℅....

It must be a huge shock to the system to get binned from a UK team..

The riders will know that "talent" is in short supply, in both leagues, so many would think they are "bomb proof"..

The reality of course is that even if you get binned by one club, invariably another will want your services, given that lack of a talent pool due to running 7 man teams..

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2024 at 4:29 PM, mikebv said:

100℅....

It must be a huge shock to the system to get binned from a UK team..

The riders will know that "talent" is in short supply, in both leagues, so many would think they are "bomb proof"..

The reality of course is that even if you get binned by one club, invariably another will want your services, given that lack of a talent pool due to running 7 man teams..

Been happily living in stropshire ,his 2 girls are at school here,one of them famous for doing a question and answering video with dad.BUT as you said he is going to be snapped up by another club and putting two and two together i get a feeling ..........

Edited by speedwaysliders
  • Like 1

Could it be money orientated? Maybe Riss will accept a lower guarantee or per point value?
Running three teams doesn’t come cheap so maybe they are cutting their cloth accordingly, especially if a rider is scoring well below what his guaranteed points money equates to.

What an odd decision!

In the home meetings Klindt has been far from his best & I think that come the end of the month the averages would put him at reserve. weather thats good or bad I don't know but if he was employed to score points at home & he ain't doing it then change it up if you can.

Points win prizes & with such a small league thats what it's all about

Shame to see such early changes especially with Oxford doing relatively well so far this season. I think this is just the start of a merry go round for teams like Oxford, Kings Lynn, Birmingham and possibly Leicester as they did last season. I would say the finances of success are far more lucrative than previous seasons and therefore promotors will chop far quicker than before. 

Posted (edited)

An alternate view of the change regarding guests. Now like most people, I'm not a fan of guests but agree they are a "necessary evil". One of my biggest bugbears about them is there's no incentive whatsoever to sign a replacement, when guests are allowed.

Now we have a team (Oxford) with an injured rider (Kerr) and a willing replacement (Riss) but they've decided to instead to replace Klindt because they'd rather use guests.

So is there a rule / should there be a rule where the BSPL / SCB say to Oxford, you can't drop Klindt just because you'd prefer to use guests? Would be different if Riss didn't fit for Kerr obviously.

I almost feel like "why should Oxford be allowed a guest, when they could easily change the team & not need one"?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 4

Now Nicholls os guesting I can understand why they chose not to use Klindt & Riss. But I also think if they kept Klindt, they could've used Nicholls at reserve. 

So is Nicholls (top 5) with Riss (reserve) stronger than Klindt (top 5) with Nicholls (reserve)?

Riss for Klindt is obviously a strange one taken in isolation, surely another change is on the way.